Chapter 99

The sheets around them were damp, their bodies were sticky, and the room smelled of sweat and sex but Keigo couldn't imagine being anywhere else. The afternoon's activities had left them both exhausted and satisfied giving way to a long nap he was only just waking up from.

He turned onto his side to face Mariko. Her hair tumbled all around her, making it messy in the most endearing way possible. Her eyes were closed, and her breaths were deep and even- she was still sound asleep. He watched as she shifted slightly closer to him, her arm reaching out and lazily throwing itself over his waist only to curl back inward to rest on his chest. Her movement caused the sheets around her to slide down, leaving her exposed from the waist up and immediately reminding him what had transpired between them a few hours before.

A wide, almost disbelieving grin took over his features as he stared down at his lover. "I had sex with Mariko Saito," he thought. It wasn't just sex though; they had made love. They gave each other everything, from their bodies to their futures. It had been vulnerable in a way that Keigo hadn't thought intimacy could be, but he didn't mind that at all. If anything, it only convinced him further that he could never love anyone else as much as he loved Mariko.

Feeling light as a feather, he leaned over and placed a kiss on Mariko's forehead before shifting their position so that she was completely nestled against his chest. After everything, he felt like an inch of space between them was too much. Even now he had half a mind to wake her up just so he could stare into those crystalline blue eyes that he loved so much. He didn't ever want to let her go.

About a half-hour later, Keigo felt her stir in his arms and his smile widened even more when her eyes fluttered open; his heart skipped a beat just because she was looking at him.

The brunette sighed contentedly and lazily reached up to kiss his jaw before settling back down. She always was slower to wake up than him, and it would be another ten minutes before she was ready to start moving. Those few minutes were Keigo's favorites because they would just continue cuddling, basking in each other's presence and unwilling to separate from the warmth they were being provided with before waking each other up with soft, lazy kisses.

"Hello gorgeous," he greeted, his voice gravely from sleep. "How are you feeling?" he asked.

Mariko sighed as Keigo nudged her with his nose affectionately. "Pretty good. Best sleep I've had in ages."

The male smiled. "Yeah, you were pretty tired after all that weren't you."

She scoffed slightly. "Anyone would be."

"Does that mean you're satisfied?" he hummed teasingly.

She sighed, momentarily weighing her options. She was satisfied, extremely actually. She didn't think she'd ever had sex that good, but if she told him that he'd get a big head. If she lied, however, it would probably hurt his feelings, even if it was a joke. So, she bit the bullet and lightly kissed his neck, "Very."

"Did you like it?" he asked.

She nodded, not wanting to say anything knowing he'd just tease her about it.

Keigo bit his lip before asking his next question. "Did you uh... Did it feel different for you this time?" he asked. He wanted to know if she felt it to; the connection between them that distinguished what they did as more than just sex.

"It did. It kind of felt like you were telling me you love me, over and over. Kinda funny considering most of what came out of your mouth was Ahhhh and fuck... I'm close," she teased.

The blonde's ears turned red. "Like you're one to talk. You were begging me to rail you and make you cum," he fired back.

A furious blush spread across Mariko's cheeks and she immediately pushed herself away from him, moving to leave the bed. He was quick to pull her back though and wrapped his arms and wings around her in a warm protective cocoon as he settled her into his lap.

"Aw no need to be embarrassed. I promise you'll get used to begging," he said, his hot breath fanning over her ear making her heart skip a few beats.

"You're such an ass," she said, trying to climb out of his hold.

"Are you resisting me?" he asked.

"Yes."

In a flash, she found herself pinned to the bed, Keigo smirked at her devilishly and the way his eyes bore into her made her wonder for a split second if she would regret messing with him.           

"That's quite the crime Chickee."

She smirked, "Really? Care to tell me what I'm in trouble for...Sir?" she asked.

The smirk he gave her was downright devilish. "Resisting arrest." No sooner than the words left his mouth, she was attacked. He ruthlessly tickled her, not caring if she was gasping for breath or that her sides ached from laughing so much.

"You're such a dick," she said, as her laughter died down.

Keigo smiled down at her adoringly and gathered her back into his arms, pressing their foreheads together. "Don't try to get away from me next time then," he advised.

"Noted. I'll remember that in the future but for now I need to take a bath and get the sheets washed. "

"I'll join you," he said. Though he'd just been playing with her before, he really didn't want her to leave his side. Just the thought of her not being in his sight made his chest feel uncomfortably tight.

She nodded, her shoulders relaxing slightly. Much like her boyfriend, she too didn't want to separate. Just the concept felt wrong, and even though she knew they'd have to go separate ways during the mission, she decided to indulge herself for a little while until then.