Chapter 44

(Above pic is Araya)

Much to Mariko's annoyance, Sakura and Hawks arrived at her apartment shortly before Araya and Hayato were expected to.

"Oh come on Mari. I haven't seen the boys since forever ago," the short-haired brunette said as she took a seat on the couch.

"You literally saw Hayato like three weeks ago," she challenged.

"Still haven't seen Araya. How's he doing by the way? Have you spoken to him recently?"

Mariko shrugged, "Not really, he can only send a text about once a year to let me know he's still alive."

Sakura's eyes formed little hearts in them, "Awww, you guys are the cutest."

Mariko rolled her eyes and the doorbell rang.

"Ooh that must be them!" her friend exclaimed.

The brunette walked over to the door and opened it.

Hawks frowned, seeing the slight disappointment in her expression. "Expecting someone else?" he asked, crossing his arms.

"Mariko cut him a glare, "Yes, actually. What are you doing here?" she hissed.

"I'm here to meet these two amazing friends of yours you never talk about," he said.

"Oh is that Hawks? Tell him to come inside!" Sakura told her.

Before Mariko could refuse, the blonde shoved his way past her and walked to the woman on the couch. He greeted the woman nicely and sat down on the couch, legs thrown over the arm as though it were his apartment.

"It technically is though. He's moving in at the end of the week," she thought. "I hope I don't regret this," she thought. She sighed exasperatedly, "I'm gonna go get a drink. Do either of you want anything?" she asked. She was gonna pour some vodka in her orange juice, otherwise, she'd never make it through the day.

"I'm good Mari, thanks though!" she said.

"Coffee for me. Thanks, Chickee," he said as she nodded.

"Chickee? That's a cute nickname," Sakura complemented, eyeing the female across the room suggestively.

Hawks smiled proudly, "Why thank you."

Mariko grabbed a can of iced coffee from the refrigerator as well as a carton of orange juice. She secretly grabbed a bottle of vodka, taking a swig of it before pouring some in her juice. During this time, she failed to notice Sakura opened the door for the guests she was actually expecting.

"Sakura? Where's M?" Hayato asked.

The brunette whipped around at the sound of his voice, cursing slightly as she spilled the alcohol on the counter.

"What, you're not gonna say hi to us?" another, deeper voice asked.

Keigo watched interestedly as Mariko slowly put down the bottle and turned towards the doorway almost like she was in a trance.

A tall man with midnight black hair and silvery eyes stepped into the apartment. He immediately noticed how Mariko's lit up before charging at the male. She threw her arms around his neck in a tight hug. He laughed as he caught her, returning her embrace, and spinning her slightly.

A hot, angry feeling bubbled in Keigo's stomach as he watched the scene before him.

"It's been too long love. Sorry about that," he said his deep, smooth voice only making the blonde angrier.