Chapter 74

Mariko and Hawks arrived ten minutes apart from each other. He was after all, technically coming as a member of the League of Villains. As far as everyone in the League knew, he and the brunette had no relationship outside of a "professional" one if it could even be called that. If they started acting close it would surely raise some flags and that was the last thing they needed on such a high stakes mission.

So, Hawks arrived ten minutes before his girlfriend. He took a seat next to Twice since he was the only person from the League he could somewhat deal with. The room was occupied by the strangest mix of personalities he'd ever seen. Everyone he knew from the League was there, as well as Araya, Hayato, and someone else that the male didn't recognize. Tall, with a large build fortified by a muscle mass he didn't think was naturally possible. The man had stark white hair and blood-red eyes that repeatedly scanned everyone in the room. He was easily the largest man there and it was obvious that his presence had everyone on edge. The air was thick with tension from his stare. "He must be the replacement Mariko was talking about." He thought noting that he, like Araya and Hayato, were dressed in their Military uniforms.

Mariko's expression was stormy as she entered. She walked with the command of a decorated army general and seemed to have dragged the winter in with her. She was serious, and she meant business. She paused in front of the table, her normally blue eyes a steel grey as they analyzed every person sitting down. When she made eye contact with the mysterious male, he stood up abruptly.

"Fujio," she acknowledged.

"Captain," he greeted, bringing a hand up to salute him.

Keigo stared at her amazed at how her presence completely overwhelmed everyone else's- even the man called Fujio. All eyes were on her and no one doubted that she was the most powerful woman in the room despite her next words.

"Sosa is your captain now. For this assignment I am at your disposal whatever way you see fit," she corrected him.

The white-haired male looked down at her and brought his hand back down to his side, "Understood."

Mariko nodded and fearlessly took the seat between him and Araya, not sparing her boyfriend a glance all the while.

The ravenette cleared his throat, "now that everyone's here. Let's not waste any more time and get started." He leaned forward, "We managed to locate Shimizu's secondary base. It's an underground facility a few miles out of Omu a town on the northern island," he started.

"So what's the plan, we go there and blow it up?" Dabi cut in.

He shook his head, "Currently, we have no intel on the compound's structure, and we have no idea what exactly is being kept there. Before we can go around "blowing things up," we need to know what we're destroying. If she's got shit like nuclear waste then blowing it up would be a really bad idea."

"It's a reconnaissance mission then," Mariko observed.

Araya nodded. "For this mission, you guys," he gestured to the League of Villains, "will be taking point... There is no way for any of us to get into the compound with raising major red flags. The only ones who might not be killed on sight are you lot," he told them. "I'll let Fujio explain the rest since he's the one that has come up with most of the plan."

The white-haired male stood up and stared them all down. "You will go in and earn her favor. Enough for her to let you go around the base without supervision. You will cover as much ground as possible within the time frame and map out the base using these devices," he explained tossing a small, radio-like device at each of them.

"Cover the main spots," Araya cut in. "The entrance, the basement, any major labs, exits, power sources, and any emergency routes they may have. Start outwards and work your way into the middle."

"You mentioned a time frame. How long would we have?" Kurogiri asked.

"You will all be equipped with a device that monitors bodily functions. You have until Saito-san's main biological functions, such as oxygen levels and blood pressure dip into critical levels," he announced.

"What the fuck?" Dabi asked.

Araya sighed his expression uncomfortable and irritated. Obviously, he hadn't wanted it to come to this. "Just because you're all villains, doesn't mean Shimizu will trust you. In fact, she'll probably trust you even less because you're appearing out of nowhere offering assistance. So, in order to get you through the doors, you're gonna need something she definitely wants and is capable of distracting her. Saito-chan here used to be a good friend of Shimizu's, so there's less of a chance that she'll be killed off immediately."

"So we're sacrificing her..." Hawks stated. His eyes glowed fiery orange as he struggled to mask his rage. "You guys are some shitty teammates," he deadpanned.

"It is the path with the greatest chance for success. That is what is most important," Fujio declared.

Dabi whistled, "Damn that's harsh," he muttered.

Mariko sighed, seeing a vein stand out on her boyfriend's neck. His fists were tightly clenched on the armrests and he trembled slightly. "Is there gonna be an official extraction?" she asked, trying to shift the conversation's focus.

"Yes. Three weeks from now, the delivery team will kidnap you on your way back from a run to the store. Have it captured by one low-quality camera. No witnesses, it has to look organized and clean."

The brunette nodded in understanding. "Who's on the delivery team?"

"Dabi, Kurogiri, and Toga," he answered.

The teal-eyed male stared at her, a wicked look in his eyes. "I won't be gentle with you just because we're on the same side," he announced.

Mariko didn't answer, and instead settled the matter with a glare so intense, Dabi immediately backed down and looked away.

"What will happen once her functions begin to drop?" Kurogiri asked.

"You will leave calmly and be escorted out of the premises. Once the information has been secured, You will open a portal and bring her back. Any necessary medical treatment can be done afterward."

"In short," Araya started. "In three weeks, you guys," he gestured to Dabi, Kurogiri, and Toga, "will kidnap Mariko and bring her to Shimizu's base. You guys will do a full building scan if possible then leave to a safe house we've established. Then, Kurogiri will open up a portal and bring Mariko back."

"It's a shit plan," Hawks called out.

"It's a simple one, and it's our only viable option given Shimizu's mental stability."

"It's gonna get us killed," he countered.

"It is a high-risk mission. If you are standing in this room, it is because you have already accepted the danger of this assignment. You have been briefed and therefore cannot abandon this mission. If you do it will be considered treason," Fujio stated.

Hawks cut the man an intense glare from which he did not back down.

"Are there any other questions?" Araya asked, scanning the room.

"How are we supposed to get to this secure location you speak of?" Kurogiri asked.

"You will memorize the coordinates to a rendezvous point and an escort will be ready to take you to the safe houses. Anything else?"

There was nothing.

The ravenette nodded. "Alright if that's it then the meeting's over. You have all been briefed. From here on out there will be no contact between us unless there is a dramatic change in plans. Saito, please stay a moment," he said as everyone began to file out of the room.

Mariko glanced at Keigo longingly just as he flew out of the room.