Chapter 47

As promised, Araya and Hayato showed up at her apartment at the end of the week. The apartment was a bit of a mess since Keigo was moving his stuff that day, but she wasn't worried about how presentable it was to the boys, she'd seen their dorms when they were teens- they weren't the orderly types.

"Hey Mari, good to see you again," Hayato greeted giving her a brief hug before entering the apartment.

Araya followed in after him, greeting her with a kiss on the cheek before slipping in through the door.

Keigo, who had been putting boxes away in his bedroom, came out just in time to witness the exchange. "Heyo!" he greeted. He flashed the males a false smile as he attached himself to the brunette's side.

Mariko gave him a small smile before slipping out of his hold and heading to the kitchen. "Anyone want anything to drink?" she asked as they walked in.

"Yes please," Hayato and Araya said simultaneously.

"Hayato?" she asked, turning to the blonde first.

"Water for me thanks."

Mariko nodded in understanding and turned to the ravenette next to him. She tilted her head, an expectant look on her face.

Araya winked at her, "You know what I want," he said, walking towards the couch.

Keigo glared at the dark-haired male's words. How was it possible that he was already so infuriating despite only being in the apartment a total of two minutes?

Mariko nodded and went to the refrigerator; she knew she had a juice box somewhere...

The male sat down next to him. "So, Hawks," he started. "I heard you're investigating the League of Villains," he said casually.

The blonde's eyes widened and drifted to Mariko, the only person he'd ever told about his assignment. "You told him?" he asked, his voice low with anger.

The brunette glared at him as she walked towards them- the males' drinks in hand. "Of course not," she snapped as she handed them out. She took a seat on the couch between him and Araya. How could he think she'd do something like that? She of all people knew how important confidentiality was.

"I've got my own sources. It's kind of my job to know these things, especially when they relate to Mari or a mission- which applies to both in this case." The tall male leaned back, stretching an arm over the back of the couch behind Mariko's shoulders.

The gesture only succeeded in pissing the blonde off even more.

Mariko glared at him, noting the arrogant tone in his voice. "I fucking knew this would happen," she thought bitterly.

"Why the hell would Mari be a factor?" Keigo growled.

The male dropped his arm around her shoulder and pulled her into a side hug. He smiled childishly and put up the most annoying peace sign the blonde had ever seen as he said, "Didn't you hear what Sakura said earlier? We're soulmates."

"You bas-"

"Do you guys seriously think I'm stupid?" Mariko growled lowly. Her voice dripped with enough venom to paralyze both of them. "You're acting like children. Knock it off." She cut them a glare; her gaze so cold it seemed to ice the room over. She opened her mouth to go on a tirade about their attitude when she stopped herself, opting to exhale slowly through her nose to calm herself down. "I need a drink," she decided, standing up and walking to the kitchen.