Chapter 82

A total of nine hours had passed since Mariko had been left alone with Shimizu and the ravenette hadn't let up at all. The torture continued and intensified as Mineko's frustration and anger grew. The brunette had refused to answer any of her questions, and though she was now immobile and broken from having her bones snapped like twigs, her blue eyes were as bright as ever though they held a note of sadness. That was what pissed Mineko off more than anything, that look of pity on her face as she was being tortured.

Using her legs so much, however, was tiring; so, Mineko moved her to the metal chair in the middle of the room, hoping the change in posture would help the brunette be more open.

At first, Mariko had considered it a blessing since she no longer had to support her own weight. The relief, however, was short-lived as she pulled out a knife.

"Tell me where those bastards are you masochistic bitch," she said lowly. She dragged the blade across Mariko's leg pressing down hard and sparing no mercy. The pressure she put on the knife caused more breakages and fractures. Mariko's brow was beaded with sweat as she fought to contain her screams. She closed her eyes, distracting herself slightly with the feeling of blood as it trickled down her leg. It was the only gentle sensation she'd felt the whole day. Her vision swam when she looked up, she was barely conscious now.

"Why won't you ANSWER ME?!" the woman shouted furiously.

The brunette let out a shallow breath as she braced herself for more pain. Shimizu worked in periods. She'd be calm until the lack of response set her off, she'd torture her, as a result, to relieve some of that frustration only for it to build back up when the torture wasn't giving her the desired results.

Mariko tensed as the knife was plunged into her abdomen..

She laughed psychotically. "HAHAHAHAHA- You think keeping silent will prolong your life?" she asked. She leaned in, their faces inches away from each other. Mineko's hand still gripped the handle, "I told you before, you aren't leaving this place alive." She ripped the knife out of her.

Blood splattered on the floor. "Why... are you doing this?" she gasped, black spots dotting her vision.

"Why... you're asking me why?" Minekok asked. A show crossed her face, and she lowered the knife for a moment. She looked at the ground, seemingly lost in thought. When she brought her gaze back up, a look of pure insanity had taken over her features. "YOU! YOU AND THOSE BASTARDS ARE THE REASON WHY I'M LIKE THIS! YOU SENT ME ON THAT FUCKING MISSION TO DIE BECAUSE YOU HATED ME! YOU HATED THAT I WAS BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY SINGLE WAY AND YOU STRIPPED MY CAREER AWAY FROM ME! MY LIFE AND MY FAMILY!... But I survived... I survived and now it's my turn. It's my turn to take away everything that was important to you. It's my turn and unlike you I'm not going to leave loose ends. I will burn the world right down to the fucking ground if that's what it takes to see you suffer the way I did. And when that's done, I will remake the world. I will build all of it up from scratch and turn it into the perfect society with me at the head of it. I will die as one of the most powerful rulers to have ever lived. I will be remembered for the rest of time while you die unknown and unloved by anyone as you should've when your parents abandoned you."

Mariko stared at her, frozen in shock. Mineko was completely delusional. "I never plotted against her... she really has lost her mind completely now," she thought.

Her unresponsiveness caused the woman's anger to spike once more. "Still no words? I'll show you the consequences of keeping silent," she said darkly.