91- Freedom

White Diamond: Steven, I think it's time you told us what the heck happened in our little... absence.

Steven: Hmm okay, I'll tell you...

(Later. Steven has already told the Diamonds everything that happened.)

White Diamond: *dramatically* I can't believe it, that's so terrible. Our little Gems rejuvenated!

Yellow Diamond: Please stop overdramatize the situation, don't be a drama queen.

White Diamond: Sorry, it's just... I like it.

Steven: *grimace of disgust* Uh, okay?

White Diamond: Steven, I just hope you realize that giving everyone free will and having no rules was very detrimental to everyone.

Yellow Diamond: Yeah. We got too soft on Gems from the moment we started helping them

Blue Diamond: We even got to a point where we just turned our backs and someone took the opportunity to attack us.

Yellow Diamond: Nobody has respect for us now.

White Diamond: *dramatically* And we, who had the best intention in the universe to help the little gems. But a cruel gem came and controlled us without mercy against our will just to do her bad deeds. Just thinking about it makes me feel so... bad!

Yellow Diamond: Don't play the victim either, White. You know we've done worse things.

Blue Diamond: This is nothing compared to what we did in the past, I think to some extent we deserved what happened to us, didn't we?

Steven: That doesn't matter now. I've been thinking about what you told me a while ago and I must admit you guys were right.

White Diamond: What's that, Steven?

Yellow Diamond: Could you repeat it please?

Steven: *grumble* I said... you guys were right.

White Diamond: Just one more time, I have no ears so I can't hear you very well.

Steven: No Gem has ears, and yet they all hear very well!

White Diamond: Anyway, forget it. I knew that one day you would give us the reason.

Steven: I think I came to the conclusion that we need some rules.

White Diamond: As before?

Steven: Of course not!! There will only be a few rules, fair, egalitarian and not at all harsh!

White Diamond: And what was the reason that made you change your mind?

Yellow Diamond: True. You have always been so obsessed with the freedom.

Steven: Well, freedom is good and necessary for everyone, but now I know that there will always be people who will use it in a bad way to harm others. So now I think there should be certain restrictions that serve to help and protect, but above all, to avoid all kinds of bad deeds.

White Diamond: Very well. We will handle that, we create the rules you say. After all we are experts on the subject, apart from that we love helping others, right?

Yellow Diamond: Yeah. Leave it to us, let's get started right now.

Blue Diamond: And then when we have them done, we will discuss them with you so you can tell us what you think, Steven.

Steven: Okay. But now the main thing is to help the Gems on Homeworld and other planets.