14. Gems Rejuvenation

Bluebird: According to the information I gathered the day I infiltrated Earth; these are the Gems Steven is most fond of, he even calls them "family" or something like that, I think.

Emerald: Interesting.

[More specifically, the Gems in question are Garnet, Amethyst, Pearl, Peridot and Lapis. Ruby and Sapphire were forced to fuse into Garnet. They have all been rejuvenated, so they have forgotten their memories and have been easily deceived, manipulated and indoctrinated.]

Spinel: I successfully rejuvenated them three days ago and brought them here shortly thereafter.

Bluebird: That's right.

????? ???? ?????: Just now they just came out of the conversion room.

Bluebird: Which means the indoctrination process was a success.

????? ???? ?????: We can now safely say that they are completely on our side!

Emerald: Hmm... *stares at them carefully one by one* The Amethyst and the Peridot are defective Gems. I don't think they will be of any use to us, just like that puny Pearl.

????? ???? ?????: According to Bluebird's report; the Peridot used to have metal powers, but lost them after rejuvenation. Those powers were no big deal, though.

Bluebird: You're right. *turns to Pearl and Peridot* You two, get out of here! You're of no use to us!

????? ???? ?????: We'll put you two in the rightful place for worthless Gems like you later.

Pearl and Peridot: Got it!

(Peridot and Pearl bow before leaving the room through the same door they came in.)

Bluebird: The Amethyst, despite being a defective Gem, can do almost the same things as a normal Quartz Soldier.

????? ???? ????: Well, it's not like a Quartz's abilities are a big deal either, I know that more than anyone.

Bluebird: Still, she could be useful as a guard.

Amethyst: *bows* Of course I could.

Emerald: We'll see.

Bluebird: But, the ones that really matter are these two! *points at Lapis and Garnet*

????? ???? ?????: The Lapis Lazuli has great skill and control over water.

Bluebird: More than a terraformer, she can also be a great soldier!

Lapis: *bows* Indeed, ma'am. I can manipulate all the water on an entire planet, freeze it, and I can even give it any shape I want; such as water hands, water saws, water spears, water cannons, a giant water me, etc.

Emerald: Sounds awesome!

Bluebird: And lastly we have this fusion, I can't quite remember if her name was "Garnet".

Garnet: *bows* Yes, I think that's my name, but... I still don't understand something, why you want me to exist?

Emerald: *turns to Amethyst and Lapis* You can get out of here now.

Amethyst and Lapis: Got it!

(Lapis & Amethyst walk out of the room.)

Emerald: Fusion, you stay here.

Garnet: As you wish, ma'am. What can I do for you?

Emerald: Stop doubting or complaining about your existence.

Garnet: Huh?

Emerald: I want to make this very clear to you, Fusion. You only exist for nothing but to gain strength and power!

????? ???? ?????: Exactly, that's our mentality; POWER!

Bluebird: Fusions are nothing more than tools.

Emerald: Single-purpose tools! Fusions only make weak Gems stronger, never forget that.

Garnet: Of course, I'll never forget something so important.

Emerald: We are glad to hear that, because you, more than anyone else, will be a very useful tool for us.

Garnet: Really?

Bluebird: You certainly will.

????? ???? ?????: All thanks to your power to see multiple futures, or whatever you do.

Spinel: For that reason alone she was one of the Gems I got rid of first, but I think doing that wasn't entirely necessary. She wasn't even aware of my arrival on Earth.

????? ???? ?????: How convenient.

Spinel: So, are you guys sure her power to see into the future is working properly?

Emerald: I think we should put it to the test, don't you?

????? ???? ?????: I think so too.

Garnet: I will gladly do whatever you ask me to do, so what do you want to know?

Emerald: Well then, tell us what Steven Universe's current situation.

Garnet: Ok, let's see... *adjusts her visors and uses her future vision* I can see him, Steven Universe is coming this way in all possible futures.

Emerald: ...

????? ???? ?????: That was obvious, wasn't it?

Bluebird: Yes, but-

Emerald: THIS IS WONDERFUL!!! *laughs madly*

Bluebird and ????? ???? ?????: !!?! *srunned, they look at each other*

Spinel: What?!

Emerald: His own friends are now his enemies, this will be a hard blow for Steven! *chuckles maniacally* I'll love to see his face when he sees how his friends ended up!!! *laughing*

Spinel: *dumbfounded* ...

Bluebird: Oookaay? I think... I get your point.

????? ???? ?????: Me... too.

Emerald: Hey, you!

????? ???? ?????: Huh? What is it?

Emerald: You heard her, right? Steven's coming, make all the necessary arrangements to give that bastard a warm welcome.

????? ???? ?????: Ok, I'll take care of everything.