9. Revelation

[It's been a few minutes and Steven still hasn't found anyone.]

Steven: Dang it, where did everyone go?! *suddenly has an idea* Oh, I've just got to call Pearl's phone and that's it!

[Steven pulls out his phone and calls Pearl, at which point a phone can be heard ringing in the distance.]

Steven: Pearl?

[Steven turns to the ringing phone.]

Steven: Are you there, Pearl?

[Steven walks over and sees Pearl's phone lying on the ground.]

Steven: That's her phone, why is it lying here? *picks up the phone* This is odd, Pearl would never leave her phone in a place like this. As tidy as she is, I don't think it's possible.

[The warp pad behind Steven suddenly activates, then someone warps in.]

Steven: Huh? Spinel? I thought you'd already gone Home--

??????: I finally found you.

Steven: *thinking to himself * Wait a sec, that's not Spinel's voice, that's...

[Steven turns to the warp pad and spots a stout, tangerine-skinned Gem with reddish-orange markings on her face and arms. She has amber eyes, full lips, a pair of horns and teal-colored markings. Her gem is located where a normal nose would be. She has thick, beige-white-colored flowing hair.]

??????: *does the diamond salute* Greetings, my Diamond.

Steven: Is that really you... Jasper?

Jasper: Indeed, my Diamond, it's me.

Steven: Wow, it's been a long time since we last met. How have you been doing? I see you haven't changed a bit.

Jasper: Neither have you, my Diamond.

Steven: You think so? Well, you see, I'm a full three centimeters taller than I was a year ago.

Jasper: Well, uh, you don't look it.

Steven: What!? Are you serious?

Jasper: Yep.

Steven: Welp, come to think of it, nobody has told me that I look taller since last time.

Jasper: Obviously, you can tell a mile away that you don't.

Steven: Okay, look, it may not seem like much or a noticeable difference for a tall Gem like you, but that just means I can still grow taller naturally like any other human, don't you think?

Jasper: If my Diamond says so, then it does.

Steven: Same old, same old, huh?

Jasper: Eh?

Steven: Anyway, what brings you here? I hear you dropped out of Little Homeschool and left Earth shortly after I left Beach City, so why come back now? Feeling homesick for your home planet, perhaps?

[Jasper grimaces.]

Jasper: Don't get me wrong, my Diamond. I don't have the slightest attachment to this wretched, crummy planet.

Steven: I figured you'd say something like that, was your time at Little Homeschool really a waste of time?

Jasper: We both know very well that I only enrolled in this "little school" because you ordered me to.

Steven: I did no such thing!

Jasper: Yes, you did.

Steven: NO! I just RECOMMENDED you to enroll in Little Homeschool so you could find something better to do with your life! Though, to tell you the truth, it was hard for me to imagine you getting along with the Crystal Gems, not after all we've been through. And considering your personality, well...