12. Let's Go To Homeworld

Steven: Answer me!!! What did you do to Lars?!?!

Emerald: Oh my, you want to know so badly?

Steven: *enraged* Oh, come on!! Quit stalling and answer me the hell up!!!

Emerald: Whoa, just take it easy, dude! Don't get mad! I'm going to tell you, but calm down, will ya?

Steven: Grrr! That's enough, Emerald! You better start talking NOW!!!

Emerald: Okay, okay. *clears her throat* Lars, the captain of the Off-Colors is... dead!

Steven: *shocked* Wh-wh-what did you just say!?!?!

Emerald: I said Lars is dead, I killed that miserable with my own hands. *she said with an evil grin on her face*

Steven: Th-Th-This can't be true! Y-You can't be serious!

Emerald: *chuckles* Just as I imagined, the news of his death came as quite a shock to you, didn't it, Steven Universe? Were you two friends? Were you his accomplice in the theft of my ship? Speak up!

[Steven, shocked, cries his eyes out.]

Steven: N-n-n-n-no, that's gotta be a lie! H-H-He can't be dead!

[Steven then grabs his head in sorrow.]

Emerald: I see you're still in shock, huh? No wonder. *chuckles* Anyway, I don't care if you were his accomplice or not. With his death, I consider my revenge consummated.

Steven: *tearing up* NO! P-Please tell me it's just a bad joke!

Emerald: *makes a sinister look* Do I look like I'm joking, Steven?

Steven: *tears run down his face* No way, so Lars is really--

Emerald: Dead?! Yeah, yeah, I know. I just told you. *chuckles in mockery* You have no idea how much I enjoyed killing him, it felt better than shatering a Gem!

[Steven is startled by that statement.]

Steven: What?!

Emerald: You see, it wasn't hard to intercept the Off-Colors' ship. I poofed them all, except Lars, I had something special in store for him. And even though he put up a fight, it was only a matter of time before he gave up, that's when I ran him through the chest with my sword! I have to say that I was surprised when a strange red liquid started coming out of his body instead of poofing. *chuckles* You should have seen him writhe and scream in pain, it was so hilarious!

Steven: ...

Emerald: But once he stopped moving, I threw his limp body into the vacuum of space!

[Steven is still in shock.]

Emerald: To tell you the truth, I didn't know Lars was an organic being. I always thought he was some kind of rare, defective Gem, so I originally wanted to shatter him. Nevertheless, I never imagined that killing him would be more pleasurable!

Steven: I-I can't believe you were capable of such a thing!

Emerald: Believe it! I did it, I killed him! And I would do it again without a second's hesitation! I'm capable of doing anything for my beautiful Sun Incinerator, even kill!

Steven: Y-You're a monster! *breaks down in tears*

Emerald: *laughs in mockery* YES! Suffer your loss! Yes, yes, come on! Suffer, Steven Universe! SUFFER!!! Hahaha!!! *laughing loudly*

Steven: *enraged* I won't let you get away with this, Emerald!! I'll stop you, avenge Lars' death and save my friends at all costs!

Emerald: You will? Don't make me laugh, Steven! What can a loser like you do? I remind you that you couldn't even save them in the first place, now it's too late for that! You're done for!

Steven: Not knowing what was coming, I turned my back on my friends, now I have to find a way to save them and I'll succeed!

Emerald: Oh, really? I'd like to see you try! You don't stand a chance, though! *laughs loudly*

Steven: SHUT UP!!

Emerald: Make me! *laughs loudly*

Steven: STOP LAUGHING!!

Emerald: *laughs even louder*

Steven: GRRR!! I SAID... STOP LAUGHING!!

[In a fit of rage, Steven slams hard on the diamond control panel, destroying it and abruptly ending the video call.]

Steven: *tearfully* Wh-Why does all this have to be happening to me?

Jasper: My Diamond, this is a declaration of war! This is no time to get sentimental!

Steven: I know...

[Steven wipes away tears.]

Steven: It's time to get serious.

Jasper: What are you going to do about it!? We must act fast, the sooner the better!

[Steven doesn't answer, he seems to be lost in thought.]

Jasper: My Diamond, what's the matter?!

Steven: ...

[Steven doesn't answer again, but this time walks off to the warp pad.]

Jasper: My Diamond!!

Steven: Jasper.

[Said Steven in a serious tone.]

Jasper: Yes, My Diamond?

Steven: I can count on you, can't I?

Jasper: What's with that question? Of course you can, My Diamond, for anything!

Steven: Good.

[Steven clenches his fists in anger.]

Steven: Then, let's go to Homeworld!! RIGHT NOW!!!

Jasper: *grins* Sounds great to me!

[Jasper punches her fist into her palm.]

Jasper: Kicking some butt with My Diamond will a lot of fun!

Steven: Hurry up!!

Jasper: Right away, My Diamond!

[Jasper then leaps enthusiastically onto the warp pad.]

Jasper: Ready!

Steven: Okay. Here we go!!

Jasper: Yeah!!

[A rage-blinded Steven warps away to Homeworld, and Jasper as his only emotional support, no good can come of this.]