82- Regret

Emerald: *in fear* No! No!! NO!!!

(Emerald is about to be hit by her own blast made with the Diamonds.)

Emerald: I can't lose just like this!!

(Emerald acts quickly and again exerts force on the diamond blast.)

Emerald: Phew! That was a close call.

Mean Lapis: Dang it!

[At the same time.]

(Steven and the others are again pushed down by the Diamond blast.)

Pink Steven: *panting* It pushes us down!

Garnet: Emerald is re-exerting force on her attack!

Pink Steven: Gosh! Just little more and we would have made it.

Garnet: We can't give up!

Pink Steven: *panting* Right! Even if she pushes us hard. *yells* We've just got to push her harder!

Everyone: Of course!! *they push harder*

[Meanwhile - in space.]

Emerald: So, your intention was to sacrifice yourself to finish me off, huh?

Mean Lapis: And I was on the verge of achieving it.

Emerald: I gotta hand it to you, this was a very brave act on your part. But unfortunately for you I noticed it just in time.

Mean Lapis: This time it'll be different. *she said as she struggled to get up from the ground*

Emerald: Now I'll focus more on the Diamonds, so don't think I'm going to make the same mistake twice.

Mean Lapis: We'll see.

(Mean Lapis gets into fighting stance while forming water fists from her wings.)

Mean Lapis: No matter what happens, I just need to try again!

Emerald: Don't be silly. I'd tear you apart before you can do anything against me!

Mean Lapis: Anyway, I'm quite ready to die... just for her!

Emerald: Ha! Well, who'd have thought? Don't you remember when she didn't hesitate to abandon you, to leave you wandering alone and aimlessly through the universe while you drowned your sorrows until one day you met me? Huh, do you remember?

Mean Lapis: Why are you asking me that now?

Emerald: Because it was ME who was there with you, helping you get through that phase! I gave you a new life, a new purpose, I even gave you a way to get back the Gem who abandoned you, and despite that, do you still love her? If so, why're you paying me by turning against me? You got what you wanted, didn't you?

Mean Lapis: Don't talk nonsense! I only agreed to rejuvenate her because I thought that everything would go back to the way it was, but I was wrong. I didn't want to accept it, but nothing felt the same, and it wasn't healthy either. That wasn't her true self, and now I accept it. That's why now I want to correct my mistakes!

Emerald: *sneeringly* Aww, how adorable! The li'l Lappy wanna redeem herself, huh? *contemptuously* Pfff! Do whatever you want, I don't care. After all, I was only using you for my own benefit.

Mean Lapis: Enough! You got me fed up!! *charges at Emerald*

Emerald: All right! If you're so eager to die, don't worry.

(Emerald easily blocks Mean Lapis' punch.)

Emerald: I'll gladly fulfill your wish! *punches Mean Lapis on the cheek*

(Mean Lapis quickly recovers, fights back and manages to deliver a powerful punch, straight to the gem in Emerald's right eye.)

Emerald: *groans* Well, well, well! *holds her gem* You don't beat around the bush, do you?

Mean Lapis: *shocked* N-no way! *panting* You're unharmed.

Emerald: So, you're going straight for the kill, huh? I like that way of acting. *cracks her knuckles* Now is my turn!

(Emerald swiftly charges at Mean Lapis, the latter tries to dodge her but couldn't, so she ends up getting punched in the stomach.)

Mean Lapis: *cries out in pain* Gaahh! *holds her stomach as she moans in pain* Tch, I-I have no choice but to-

(Seeing herself overpowered and with no chance of winning, Mean Lapis tries to flee, but Emerald quickly grabs her hair.)

Emerald: Hey, who said you could leave?! I didn't.

Mean Lapis: *struggling to get free* Aah!

Emerald: You're too slow, you couldn't even escape from me.

Mean Lapis: *panting* You, on the other hand. *groans* You're very good at escaping from anything, especially from reality! *chuckles in mockery* Aren't you?

Emerald: Nonsense! *grabs Mean Lapis by the neck and lifts her up* Hey, wanna know something cool?

Mean Lapis: *weakly* Not really.

Emerald: I'll tell you anyway. *squeezes Mean Lapis' neck tightly* I'm about to pound you so hard that you'll even get to a point where you love it, enjoy it, and beg me for more!

Mean Lapis: *in suffocation and pain* You're nuts, I- *gets punched in the stomach by Emerald* Gahh!!

Emerald: But don't worry 'bout a thing, I'll gladly be there to satisfy you in whatever you beg me! *punches Mean Lapis hard* And believe me I'mma really enjoy this, especially hearing you scream!

Mean Lapis: *in pain* Ah-hagh! Ahh! *getting pounded by Emerald* Agrhh!

(Emerald drops Mean Lapis.)

Emerald: You'd make a good punching bag. You know that, right? *kicks Mean Lapis in the side* But it's a real shame you turned against me, now I'm forced to kill you. *kicks Mean Lapis again, enjoying her screams* However, if you submissively return to be under my command so that I can do with you whatever I please, I might consider sparing your pathetic life. What do you say?

Mean Lapis: *in pain* Th-that's truly insane, I'd never do such a thing!

Emerald: You're right. *kicks her one last time* You're a good-for-nothing, a waste of time! *stomps on Mean Lapis' head* You're just a piece of trash!

Mean Lapis: *cries out in pain and agony with tears welling up in her eyes* AAAH! GAH!

Emerald: I take that back, you're not even trash - trash can at least be recycled! But you... You're nothing but a pitiful, useless piece of dirt! *stomps on Mean Lapis' head again* The best thing is that you brought this upon yourself. Think, Lazuli! Think! You had the chance to run away like the coward you are, right now you'd be far away from this suffering. So I don't want you to blame me later for your incompetence. You're just a Gem who doesn't deserve to exist anymore! *stomps on Mean Lapis' head once again* Go ahead, regret your insignificant existence!

Mean Lapis: *weakly* I-I'm not the only Gem who has to regret her existence. *groans in pain* Th-there's another one who has to as well. *moans* A-Am I wrong, Emerald? *chuckles weakly* O-Only by humiliating others do y-you get to feel good about yourself, don't you?

Emerald: ... You know what? *enraged* Let's get this over with!