54- Past Pains

(Connie and Peridot finally arrive where Obsidian is.)

Peridot: Here we are.

Connie: Finally.

Peridot: The ground is dangerous right now, so I'll levitate you close to me.

Connie: No problem. I'm getting used to this, it's like riding a scooter but hundreds of feet off the ground, isn't it?

Peridot: Uh, sort of. You're not afraid of falling off now?

Connie: Well, I'm still not ruling out that possibility, you know?

Peridot: You shouldn't.

Connie: Okay, enough chit-chat, back to what we came for.

Peridot: All right! *yelling* Hey, Obsidian!

Connie: *yelling* We're here to help you!

Obsidian: *turns to Peridot and Connie* What?! No way! *yelling* GET OUT OF HERE RIGHT NOW!

Connie: No, no way we're getting out of here! *turns to Peridot* All right, Peridot, go talk to Lapis.

Peridot: Hmm... Okay.

(Peridot is hesitant and nervous, so she doesn't dare to approach Lapis.)

Connie: What's the matter, Peridot? why don't you approach her?

Peridot: *nervously* Well, it's just... I can't do it.

Connie: Huh?!

Peridot: I don't think I can do that to her, I can't remind Lapis of her painful past, it would be too cruel. Besides, she would kill me.

Connie: I understand you're worried about your friend, you think you're gonna hurt her by reliving her past, don't you? However, the past makes us who we are now. It's not always like that, but now Lapis doesn't remember who she really is and reliving her past will make her remember, even if it's cruel, it's the only option.

Peridot: *nervously* I...

Connie: Not to mention that she's about to crush us all, including herself, you've got to save her!Only you can, Peridot!

Peridot: Y-Yeah! You're right, I'll do what I can!

(Peridot approaches Lapis.)

Peridot: *yelling* HEY, LAPIS!

Lapis: Oh, it's you again. You came to get crushed too, huh?

(Peridot is still a little nervous and unsure of what she's about to do.)

Peridot: Forgive me Lapis, but... *exhales* This is gonna hurt me more than you.

(Peridot uses her limb enhancer to project a hologram of a mirror similar to the mirror Lapis was imprisoned in.)

Lapis: *confused* A... mirror?

Peridot: *guts up* Yeah, it's a mirror! Don't you remember the thousands of years you were imprisoned in one of these?!

Lapis: Huh?! That's impossible!

Peridot: Believe it or not, you were abandoned to your fate! You were alone, imprisoned in that mirror for millennia!

Lapis: Me, alone and imprisoned? Come on, that's absurd.

Peridot: When you were finally freed from the mirror by Steven, you went back to Homeworld and I imprisoned you again as soon as you arrived, not to mention using you as an informant!

Lapis: *puzzled* No, no, no! I can't be a... prisoner! No way!

Peridot: You're a prisoner right now, you know?!

Lapis: *shocked* What?!

(A brief memory of being imprisoned in the mirror flashes through Lapis' mind.)

Lapis: Just can it! *grabs her head* Y-You're just trying to confuse me!

(Obsidian manages to push the sphere up a little.)

Obsidian: Good, keep it up, Peridot! The force Lapis was employing on the sphere to push it down is diminishing.

Peridot: Tell me, Lapis, do you still not remember that feeling of being imprisoned?

Lapis: I said can it!

Peridot: That feeling of hopelessness, of not being able to escape no matter what you do?! Huh, do you remember now?!?

(Another memory flashes through Lapis' mind.)

Lapis: *cries out in anguish and despair* AAAHHH!! NO! NO!! NO!!!

Peridot: *in fear* Ok, I-I think I've gone too far now!

Obsidian: Here's my chance!

(Obsidian, with a strong upward push, sends the sphere into space.)

Lapis: *in anguish & tears* L-Let me go!!!

(Peridot removes the hologram of the mirror.)

Peridot: *shivering in great fear* OH! MY! STARS! Please, someone hide me because Lapis will want to kill me for sure!