84- End Of The Line

Mean Lapis: I saw how you wanted to obliterate her, you were so determined! Why are you hesitating now?!

Lars: Because you're involved now, you're practically-

Mean Lapis: Committing suicide?! Yeah! I want to die, so what?! That shouldn't matter to you! Go ahead, obliterate us already!

Emerald: *struggling to break free* I won't let you bastards do it!

Mean Lapis: *struggling* C'mon, hurry up!! Time's running out!!

Lars: Tch! You're putting me at a crossroads.

(Inside the sun incinerator.)

Rutile Twins: Cap'n, what do we do now?

Rhodonite: We've gotta make a decision ASAP!

Lars: I know, but-

Padparadscha: *suddenly interrupts* I'm having a vision! Emerald will dodge all of our attacks, plus someone will get in the way, which will make the captain worry that he won't be able to carry out his revenge.

Rhodonite: Revenge?

Lars: What else can I do, huh?! She stabbed me with a sword, do I thank her for that?!

Rhodonite: Of course not, but... what are we supposed to do now!?

Lars: I don't know, the situation changed drastically along with my plans.

Rutile Twins: We won't shoot her anymore then?!

Lars: That's a tough decision, I was already mentally prepared to obliterate Emerald for what she did to us.

Rhodonite: What's the problem then?

Lars: I don't wanna hurt that Gem along with Emerald, she hasn't done anything to us and we don't even know her. Although she seems pretty determined, obliterating her would mark me for life. I'm at a crossroads right now.

Rhodonite: I think I've seen that Gem somewhere. Yes, I know who she is. She's one of Emerald's comrades.

Rutile Twins: That's true.

Rhodonite: If we obliterate her, we wouldn't be obliterating an innocent Gem.

Lars: You guys are right. She seems to have turned against Emerald, though. That's why I think the prudent thing to do would be to rethink the current situation.

(Emerald struggles hard, trying to get free from Mean Lapis' grip.)

Emerald: *grunts* Graaah! You little scum!!

(Emerald manages to destroy part of Mean Lapis' water wing/hand, releasing one of her arms.)

Emerald: Yes!

Mean Lapis: *struggling* No way!

(Emerald delivers a hard elbow to Mean Lapis' face, causing her to stagger and almost lose her balance.)

Mean Lapis: D-dang it! *manages to stabilize herself* That hurt! *groans* At this rate I won't be able to hold her down for much longer! *tries her best to hold Emerald down*

Emerald: Come on! *struggling in despair* Give up, you piece of scum!!

Mean Lapis: Aaah! *shouts at Lars* Hey! What are you waitin' for, you prick?!!

(Inside the sun incinerator.)

Lars: *pondering on his own* Hmm.

Rutile Twins: Cap'n! *said worried* Hurry please, we're running out of time!

Rhodonite: *nervously* Sh-she's right!

Lars: I've got it!

(He finally made up his mind.)

Lars: I know what we're going to do!

Emerald: *struggling* Grrr! When are you going to give up!?!

Mean Lapis: *panting* Never! Just as it never crossed my mind that I loved my partner so much, I even dared to do this for her, which still seems unthinkable to me. But I think it's worth it, if I have to die as the only option for her to live happily, that's fine. I've hurt her so much that I don't think she cares about my death or even misses me. I accept it because once you and I cease to exist, nothing will matter!

Emerald: *struggling* You're totally nuts! I don't feel like dying here! *strugling* I don't want to die! I don't want to, much less because of that stupid stuff of yours called "feelings", that's something I don't give a damn about! *manages to get free her other arm* I won't let you get away with this, I'll kill you first!

(However, at that very moment.)

Lars: *shouts over the sun incinerator's loudspeaker* Emerald, I hope you're ready!!

Emerald: *turns to the Sun Incinerator* What?!!!

Lars: *heard everything* Lapis! I really feel sorry for you, but-

Mean Lapis: Shut the hell up, you moron! You took forever to make a simple decision, so don't waste any more time and just get this over with!

Lars: Okay. *clears his throat* Without further ado, Emerald, we're gonna obliterate both of you!

Emerald: *laughs nervously* You're gonna obliterate us? Don't make me laugh, you don't have the rocks to do it!

(The sun incinerator begins to charge its blasters.)

Emerald: *shivers in fear* Th-they're really going to do it?!

Lars: End of the line, Emerald. We can't let you keep committing more atrocities. *shouts* You're done for!!

Emerald: *in desperation and panic* Wait, hold on a sec! Don't do it! I have a proposition for you!

Lars: Eh?

Emerald: If you stop, I'll give you my ship as a gift and I'll never bother any of you again, okay?

Lars: I don't trust you!

Emerald: Seriously, I beg you!!

Lars: I'm sure you'll attack us when we let our guard down and turn our backs on you!

Emerald: *panicked* I promise I won't! Have mercy on me!!

Lars: Mercy, you say? How many Gems begged you for mercy?! Did you have mercy on any of them?! Did you have mercy on us when you attacked us that day, huh?! Answer me!

Emerald: Tch. *a drop of sweat runs down her face*

Lars: Thought so.

(The sun incinerator's blasters are ready to fire.)

Lars: So no matter how much you beg me, we won't have mercy on you!

Rutile Twins: Everything's ready, cap'n.

Lars: Take aim at her then!!

Emerald: *in desperation* I mean it, I'll do whatever you tell me! Don't do it!!

Lars: Stop insisting, Emerald. You're not fooling me, I'm pretty sure of what your real intentions are!

(The sun incinerator aims its blasters at Emerald.)

Emerald: Grrr! All right, enough of this nonsense! *unhingedly* I can't die! I mustn't die! *madly laugh* Of course not! First of all I have to kill you! You're the only ones who deserve to die, not me! *laughs madly* Damn you Off-Colors!!!

Lars: See? Those are your true colors.