53- Brute Strength

[In the distance.]

(Peridot and Connie fly while they see how the whole place is being destroyed by Lapis who is forming a gigantic water sphere.)

Connie: Whoa! The whole place is ruined by the water gushing out of the fissures.

Peridot: Lapis is draining an incredible amount of water, I assume she intends to use all the water in the aquatic area.

Connie: Huh? What are you talking about?

Peridot: It's a place made only for water Gems, it's located on the other side of Homeworld.

Connie: So the fastest way to get water from there to here is through underground, isn't it?

Peridot: Yes, It is. But doing that will only destroy the planet even more!

Connie: It can't be!

Peridot: Connie, we'd better get even further away from here!

Connie: No way! I think we should go help them!

Peridot: But how could we help? We'd only be in their way.

Connie: You know Lapis better than anyone! Right now she's immobilized, go talk to her so she remembers who she really is!

Peridot: Making her remember her good memories didn't help last time.

Connie: In that case, make her remember her bad memories this time.

Peridot: Hmm, y-yeah, I will. *she said nervously* I-I will, for sure... or so I think.

Connie: All right, let's go then!

(Peridot and Connie head to the place where Obsidian is.)

[Meanwhile.]

(Lapis has finished forming a super mega giant water sphere out of most of Homeworld's water.)

Lapis: This size will be more than enough.

(Lapis uses her powers to freeze water sphere.)

Lapis: I can't freeze the whole sphere right away, it's made of almost all the water on the planet after all. But freezing the surface will be enough to crush you.

Obsidian: No, don't even think about it!

Lapis: Too late. *chuckles* Here you go! *drops the water sphere on Obsidian*

(Obsidian catches the sphere on their back and with the rest of their hands, the weight causes their feet to sink a little into the ground.)

Obsidian: Th-this thing is... too heavy!! *trying to push the sphere up*

Lapis: What the-?! How can you bear all that weight?!

Obsidian: *groaning of effort* I-I ask you the same question. You don't have the physical strength to bear this.

Lapis: It's not just about physical strength.

Obsidian: Eh?

Lapis: The physical strength of the body has a set limit. Nevertheless, any type of psychic or mental strength is practically unlimited, and having an emotionally stable mind this strength will be much more effective.

Obsidian: ...

Lapis: Therefore, anyone with that kind of strength will be able to stand up to someone with only brute strength

Obsidian: I'm not just brute strength! I'm more than that, I'm the force of hope for everyone!! *forcefully pushes the sphere up* That's why I'll not let this crush me! Gahh! *pushes it up*

Lapis: Face it! You'll be crushed!!

(Lapis uses her hydrokinetic powers to push the sphere down, Obsidian does their best to push it up, but their legs sink deeper and deeper into the ground.)

Obsidian: *grunts* Grrr, I-I... I'm... We-we are trying harder than we thought!

(Inside Obsidian's mind, those who compose them are having a little discussion.)

Amethyst: We gotta destabilize her form, before the situation worsens!

Steven: No way! We would risk shattering her gem, which is why we haven't even fought seriously.

Pearl: We have no other choice!

Steven: No, we're just going to–

Garnet: Stop arguing, you guys are just making the fusion unstable!

(Obsidian fusion manages to stabilize.)

Obsidian: *struggling* I-I'll do it...

[At the same time.]

(Peridot and Connie were on their way to Obsidian, but Peridot pauses for a moment.)

Connie: Peridot, what happened? We're still too far away from them! Why are you stopping?

Peridot: Well...

(Peridot uses her metal powers to pull towards her a thick metal plate that was lying among the rubble on the ground and is big enough for someone to get on.)

Peridot: Connie, get on this!

Connie: What? What for?

Peridot: I can't carry you anymore.

Connie: Eh?!

Peridot: I need to have my right hand with the limb enhancer available, you understand, don't you?

Connie: I do, but-

Peridot: Besides, I can't release the other Lapis I'm carrying in my left hand either, so go ahead.

Connie: A-Are you sure I won't fall off that thing?

Peridot: I fly on a trash can lid all the time, so don't worry, you won't fall off.

Connie: ...

Peridot: Ugh, fine. Just make sure you hold on tight, okay?

Connie: Hold on to what?!

Peridot: You do realize we're wasting our time here, don't you?

Connie: Yes, I know we are. It's just I don't want to die!

Peridot: Then trust me, I would never let you die!

Connie: It's not like I don't trust you, I just- You know what? Screw my fear of death, Steven needs me, I'm supposed to have gotten into this because I was willing to die! *gets on the metal piece* The chips fall where they may! Now, let's go!

Peridot: Alright, that's the spirit!

(Peridot starts moving again as a terrified Connie screams and hold on to the metal piece tightly.)

Connie: Ahh! Be more careful, Peridot!