72. Flaws

Steven: The sooner you accept the flaws, the better for you!

Emerald: Flaws are the worst!

Steven: Well, I am fine with my flaws, secure in my insecurities, happy with my decisions, and strong in moments of weakness, because I am myself.

Emerald: Shut up! You say that because you're half-Diamond! Diamonds, even with imperfections and flaws, are still better than any other Gem!

Steven: It's not that simple, you know? We all have flaws, they make us who we are, they give us our own identity. if we want to achieve happiness, we just have to accept them. Say, what do you think they exist for?

Emerald: I don't know! And I don't care at all! All I know is that flaws must be eradicated once and for all!

[Emerald charges at Steven and throws a punch, which Steven blocks without problems.]

Steven: If everything were perfect, life would be boring. The world is perfect with its flaws.

Emerald: Don't be an imbecile! The world was perfect! It didn't need to change!!

[Emerald attempts to punch Steven again, who simply dodges her blows without any difficulty.]

Steven: Don't be afraid of change, because you'll never get it if you keep that way of thinking.

Emerald: Shut the hell up! Change isn't necessary, we Gems must always be the same so as not to make mistakes!

[Emerald keeps trying to punch Steven, although he dodges them with ease.]

Emerald: *panting* Stop dodging me, you wretch!!

Steven: You know you don't have to do this, don't you? You just have to enjoy the messy, imperfect journey called life. It doesn't have to be perfect, and neither do you.

Emerald: *enraged* Our life doesn't change! It must not change! It must remain the same from our creation to infinity!

Steven: Life isn't static. As the days go by, you can see that everything changes, transforms, improves or some things are eliminated from our environment. Everything and everyone can change!

Emerald: But your change only ruined everyone's life!

Steven: That's not true. Everyone welcomed the change and set out to change for the better. I changed everyone's life, saved them from suffering for eternity. I don't understand why you want to go back to that life of repression.

Emerald: You didn't save my life! You ruined it!!

Steven: I understand that you used to feel very comfortable in your comfort zone, but that space can also hurt us and sometimes does not allow us to evolve.

Emerald: Absurd!

[Emerald, again, attempts to punch Steven, who dodges her.]

Emerald: *panting* Why?! Why can't I hit you?!

Steven: That's because you're not trying to hit me, you're trying to hit your reality, am I right?

Emerald: ...What?!

Steven: You are having problems with your reality because you are afraid of change. You think it's a deterioration or a loss, even if you get the opposite, don't you? Change isn't so bad though, you know?

Emerald: ...

Steven: Neither of us can go back to the way things were. We must accept reality as it is, with its flaws, its constant changes and all that. We just have to adapt to them. I know it's quite difficult, but it's not impossible.

Emerald: It's not impossible, huh? We'll see. *chuckles*

Steven: Eh?

Emerald: Let's see how much you love the changes in your life and how well you adapt to them, Steven!!

Steven: Wh-what do you mean?!

Emerald: *waves goodbye* See you later, Steven!

[Emerald encases herself and the three Diamonds in a big white bubble.]

[The bubble then phases through the walls of White Diamond's ship and dissolves, exiting the ship.]

Steven: No way! Don't tell me she's thinking of... *panics* I must stop her before she does something crazy!!

[Steven prepares to do the same to get out of the ship just like Emerald, but stops when something important crosses his mind.]

Steven: Wait a minute, we're in space, aren't we? Oh jeez, I can't breathe in outer space, I'd die right away! *paces back and forth* What do I do?! What do I do?! WHAT DO I DO NOW?!?!?!

【Outside of the incomplete Diamond Mech.】

[Emerald - along with the three Diamonds - stands on the hands of the arm ships, glaring directly at Homeworld.]

Emerald: I don't need this ruined planet or anyone else anymore! I'm gonna destroy everything!!