69- Under Control

[Once the incomplete Diamond Mech leaves Homeworld's atmosphere, it pauses slightly away from it.]

Steven: What the heck is this?!

???????: Well, well, well! *turns to Steven* I didn't expect to see you hanging around here, Steven!

Steven: *incredulous* Wh-what've you done to them?

???????: Isn't it obvious? Well, you know what they say, a monkey in silk is a monkey no less. I would expect nothing less from the savior of the universe, Steven Universe

Steven: Excuse me, what? The heck does that mean?

???????: And so you make my point.

Steven: *angered* Cut it out! Tell me, what have you done to the Diamonds?!

???????: ...

Steven: *enraged* Answer me... Emerald!!

[Emerald is flanked on either side by a possessed Yellow, Blue and White Diamond. The three Diamonds have turned Emerald's green.]

Steven: How did you do that?!

Emerald: Still can't figure it out, huh?

Steven: ...

Emerald: I honestly can't get it through my head that a retard like you was able to overthrow the Diamond Empire.

[Steven notices that Emerald and the three Diamonds act and speak in unison, in Emerald's voice.]

Steven: I see... White Diamond's mental powers.

Emerald: *clapping her hands* Bravo! It only took you half a lifetime to figure it out, genius.

Steven: ...

Emerald: You see, some time ago I intercepted her ship with the intention of rejuvenating them, but White let me control her body, according to her, that would help me with my problems... and clearly it did. *laughs*

Steven: Is that even possible?

Emerald: It is, can't you see? She stupidly gave up her body to me, and with it all her powers and abilities. I subsequently suppressed her consciousness and locked her in a little room in the depths of my mind.

Steven: I suppose you did the same with the Blue and Yellow Diamond as well, didn't you?

Emerald: Indeed, Steven, they are now under my absolute control!

Yellow Diamond (Emerald): I can speak through them.

Blue Diamond (Emerald): Don't you find this amazing? They have my beautiful green color.

White Diamond (Emerald): Now, they are me!

Steven: All this time I thought they were on vacation, but actually they were always here!

Emerald: Hah! I can't believe how inept Diamonds have become because of you.

Steven: They are doing their best to rectify their past mistakes, and you do this to them!

Emerald: Don't talk nonsense, Steven. They don't compare to what they were before, you screwed them up!

Steven: ...

Emerald: The Diamonds were known as the most fearsome and ruthless beings in the entire universe, their very presence commanded respect. No one lived to tell the tale if they were disrespected, but then you came along and turned them into nothing but filth!