3. Attack On Homeworld

Pearl: If we can't destroy it, what do we do then!?!

Steven: *thinking to himself* Why does this have to happen just when I'm relaxing?

Pearl: Steven, do you have any ideas?!

Steven: Uh, I don't know. *turns to Garnet* You're the one who has the power to see into the future, give us some ideas.

Garnet: Hmm.

[Garnet adjusts her visors, then turns to Lapis.]

Garnet: Lapis, I need you to use your water powers to catch it! Make one of those giant water hands of yours!

Lapis: Excuse me?

Garnet: You just imagine you're about to catch a baseball.

Peridot: A giant, flaming one.

Lapis: Okay, I'll do my best, but no promises.

[The meteor is approaching Little Homeschool at high speed, it's just a few meters away from crashing into it. However, from a nearby water source, Lapis forms a giant water hand with a baseball glove on and manages to catch it just before it crashes.

Lapis: I've got it!

Steven: Wow, sometimes I forget how conveniently useful Lapis' powers are.

Amethyst: Yeah, that's exactly why she always stayed out of the conflicts with Homeworld Gems. To think of all the trouble we could have saved ourselves in the past.

Peridot: Well done, Lapis! Now, send that meteor back to where it came from!

Lapis: It's not a meteor, though. It's just a bunch of space junk, metals and rocks... I think.

Peridot: Whatever it is, get rid of it!

Lapis: Right away!

[Lapis prepares to throw it back into space, but then a flare shoots out from among the rocks and junk, formimg a diagram in the sky.]

Everyone: *shocked* What the--?!

Peridot: It's a help flare!

Pearl: A what?

Peridot: A help flare! Only Homeworld escape pods have that kind of flare!

Amethyst: So, a pod from Homeworld got surrounded by space debris on its way here.

Pearl: That means there's someone in there asking for our help!

Garnet: That's right. *to Lapis* Put it down carefully!

Lapis: Okay!

[Lapos puts the "meteor" on the ground carefully. Then rocks and space junk scatter on the floor.]

Amethyst: Where's the pod?

Peridot: *points at a white ball* Look at that white sphere, that's the pod!

Garnet: We have to take it out carefully.

Amethyst: Right!

Pearl: I wonder who's inside.

[The pod is extracted from the space junk, everyone is curious to see who's inside. The pod opens and inside is...]

Pearl: Volleyball, it's you! *runs up to her and hugs her* What happened to you?! Why are you coming in this pod?!

Volleyball/Pink Pearl: I... *sobbing*

Pearl: And look at your crack, it's got worse, it was almost healed... Did you have a bad experience again?

Pink Pearl: *sniffling*

[The rest of them walk up to her.]

Steven: I thought she was still here at Little Homeschool.

Amethyst: She graduated a months ago, and then went back Homeworld.

Steven: I see. *turns to her* Hey, what happened to you? Why did you use a pod instead of a warp pad?

Pearl: Quiet, everyone! Let her speak!

Pink Pearl: *in tears* N-Not long ago, a group of Gems made an attack on Homeworld.

[Pearl & company gasp at that statement.]

Pearl: What exactly happened?

Pink Pearl: Th-The Diamonds left Homeworld about two Earth weeks ago. They asked Blue Pearl, Yellow Pearl, Spinel and me to take over the palace in their absence, but about four days later...

【Flashback - Homeworld Palace.】

Spinel: *bouncing enthusiastically* Guys, guys, guys! Let's play a game!!

Yellow Pearl: Huh? We've done everything but what the Diamonds entrusted us to do, I remind you that they left us in charge of the Palace!

Spinel: I thought you don't take orders from the Diamonds anymore.

Yellow Pearl: Th-That's right, but-

Blue Pearl: Bad habits are never forgotten.

Pink Pearl: It's true, I know that very well... But who cares what they say? Let's play!

Spinel: Yay! Let's play tag! Are you in, Yellow?

Yellow Pearl: Ugh, fine.

Spinel, Pink & Blue Pearl: Yay!

Spinel: Let's ask more Gems to play too!

Pink Pearl: *narrating* It was a day like any other, we're about to start playing, but out of nowhere there's a loud bang and...

[The wall of the Palace suddenly breaks apart and a bunch of Gems burst in.]

Spinel: What the heck!!

????? ???? ?????: They're gone, now's our chance!

???? ?????: *flying* Yeah!

???????: Scatter! Take out everyone who crosses your path!

All: Yes, ma'am!

Pink Pearl: *narrating* They all scattered all over the Palace in the blink of an eye, they said they were looking for Gems for their empire. Not posing a threat, they left the task of taking out the four of us to a short fusion.

????????: (The Short Fusion) Tch. Why do I always get to take out puny Gems?

[The Short Fusion summons a pair of wings and flies off.]

????????: Whatever, I'm just going to get this over with quickly!

[The Short Fusion then pulls a scythe-like weapon out of her gemstone.]

Spinel: *gasps in shock* That's the--

????????: Here I come!

[The Short Fusion charges at the three trembling, fear-paralyzed Pearls.]

Spinel: Guys, look out!!!

[Spinel lunges towards the three Pearls, trying to save them, but only manages to push Pink Pearl out of the way of the Fusion's attack.]

Spinel: NO!!!

[With great accuracy, the Fusion slashes through Yellow and Blue Pearl with her scythe, poofing their physical forms in one fell swoop.]

Spinel: GUYS!!!

[Spinel and Pink Pearl watch in shock as Yellow and Blue Pearl's gemstones fall to ground.]