2. Relaxing Day

【7 o'clock the next day.】

Pearl: Are you sure you don't want to come with us? I assure you that everyone at Little Homeschool will be happy to see you again.

Steven: I may come later, guys. My therapist has discharged me, but I'd hate to have a relapse just because I'm careless, so I'll keep doing the relaxation routine she prescribed.

Garnet: It's okay, Steven, take your time.

Amethyst: That's actually good for us anyway.

Steven: Huh? Why's that?

Pearl: No reason! Amethyst just doesn't know what she's talking about! Don't you, Amethyst?!

Amethyst: What? I thought we-- *gets nudged by Pearl* Oh yeah, Pearl's right! I'm so excited you're back that I'm even talking gibberish.

Steven: Oh, okay.

Garnet: Well, we'll be going now.

Pearl: Take care, Steven.

Amethyst: *waving goodbye* See ya, man!

Steven: *waves* Bye!

[The Gems warp out.]

Steven: Since I'm alone, I'm gonna start my relaxation exercises for thirty minutes, another thirty minutes of meditation, and then a walk around old Beach City. All while listening to relaxing music and not worrying about anything or anyone.

[After exercises and meditation, Steven leaves his house for a walk around Beach City, listening to relaxing music.]

Steven: *looks around him as he thinks to himself* The whole town is pretty much the same, nothing has changed in my--

[Steven suddenly bumps into an old woman for being distracted.]

Steven: Oh, I'm sorry, ma'am. I didn't mean to. Are you all right?

Old Woman: Don't worry, kid. Actually, I think you can help me with something. *points up a tree* My cat climbed up there and now she can't get down, would you be so kind as to take her down?

Steven: Uh... I'd like to, but I'm busy right now. Just call the fire department, they can take care of it.

Old Woman: But I don't have a phone... Oh, he's gone.

【Later.】

[Steven continues his walk until suddenly his stomach rumbles and he decides to go get something to eat at the Beach Citywalk Fries.]

Steven: *arrives at the counter* Yo, Peedee! You know what to give me!

Peedee: Steven, long time no see! I didn't know you were back in town.

Steven: I got here just last night. Now, bring me the fry bits!

Peede: Ok, just gimme a sec.

[Peedee looks for a bag of fry bits and gives it to Steven.]

Peedee: Dude, when are you going to start buying real food? Iwonder if on your trip you were asking for "fry bits" too.

Steven: Hahaha! Thanks for the fry bits, Peedee. *waves goodbye* See ya.

Peedee: Steven, wait a moment! Since you're here, I'd like to ask you a favor.

Steven: Of course, tell me.

Peedee: A distant relative is visiting our home, he recently hurt his arm, leg and neck. But since you have healing powers, I thought you could heal him.

Steven: Yeah, sure, no problem. I'm busy right now though, so I'll come by later and heal him, okay? *waves goodbye* See ya. *leaves*

Peedee: Wait, but... oh, he's gone.

【A few moments later.】

Steven: I've already walked all over town, I think it's about time for me to go Little Homeschool.

[Steven warps into Little Homeworld and all of his closest friends - plus other Little Homeschool Gems - greet him with a surprise welcome party.]

Steven: *confused* Huh?

Everyone: Welcome back, Steven!!!

Steven: *surprised* Oh guys, this is, uh... How'd you know I was gonna show up here?

[Garnet's visors sparkles, and Steven notices it.]

Steven: Oh right, sometimes I forget how convenient your future vision can be.

Garnet: Hehe, that depends on-- *adjusts her visors* Wait a minute...

[Garnet-using her future vision-suddenly frowns.]

Garnet: No way, this is... *she thought to herself*

Steven: I really appreciate you guys doing all this for me, but you didn't have to. I'll only be in town for a couple of days, it's not a definite homecoming.

Bismuth: Exactly, Steven! We know you won't be here for long, so this is the least we can do for you during your stay. After all, you're not only the savior of the universe, but also a great friend to all of us here. Now get over here and enjoy this party!

Amethyst: That's right, bud! Come on, we'll have a whale of a time at this party!

Steven: I'd love to, but I-- *Garnet interrupts him*

Garnet: *shouts out* Something into the atmosphere!!

Pearl: What?!

Garnet: *points up to the sky* It's coming at high speed!

[Everyone looks up at the sky and gasps at the sight of a strange spherical object approaching Little Homeworld at high speed.]

Amethyst: What the heck is that thing?!

Pearl: Is it a... meteor?

Garnet: Looks like it.

Bismuth: No way, where did that meteor come from?

[Steven seems indifferent to the current situation, he just looks away, as if he wants to get out of there.]

Garnet: It'll crash into the Little Homeworld in no time, the damage will be massive!

Pearl: *panicked* We have to stop it ASAP!!

Bismuth: Stop it?! I think the best thing to do would be to destroy it! Let's go get the light cannons!

Garnet: If we destroy it, the meteor debris would cause almost as much damage.

Amethyst: Yeah, some time ago we had a similar experience with a certain red eye sent to us by a certain green Gem.

Peridot: Hey, don't look at me, I was just following orders.

Amethyst: Hehe, I know, just kidding.