46- The Last Battle

Steven: All right, we're close enough to the ship. Now you guys go to the agreed points and hide in the rubble.

Garnet: Get ready and wait for the warship to arrive with the distraction, that will be the attack signal.

Everyone: Okay, we're ready!!

(They all scatter around the place, hiding in the rubble as the minutes tick by.)

Steven: *low voice* Guys, remember this will probably be our last battle together, so I need you to remember that I love you! *he said tearing up*

Garnet: We love you too, Steven.

Amethyst: Of course, dude.

Pearl: *tears up* Never doubt it.

(The three give each other a big hug, then they peek out to see the Gems who are guarding White Diamond's ship.)

Amethyst: What the–?! There are more Gems now than when I came here earlier!

Pearl: Are you sure you counted them correctly?

Amethyst: I'm more than sure I counted them very well!

Pearl: *doubtfully* Hmph.

Garnet: *shushes* Keep your voices down! One Gem more or one less isn't going to change the outcome.

Steven: Garnet's right, so far nothing has changed. Besides, I know those two Lapis Lazulis. They're not as strong as our Lapis, I know that. But still, their powers are quite annoying.

Amethyst: Where do you know them from?

Steven: A while ago, Lapis and I invited them to join Little Homeschool. They gave us a few problems, but in the end we were only able to convince one of them.

Amethyst: Ah, it's true. I think I remember seeing the one with the gem in her belly in Little Homeschool.

Steven: I named them Nice and Mean Lapis, this time I was based on their personality and not on the placement of their gems, after all I already named two Rubies with their same gem placement.

Connie: You know it's not necessary to do that, right? Why do you do it?

Steven: I dunno, I think I just like doing it.

Garnet: I just told you to keep your voice down! You'll get us found out if they hear you talking out loud.

Steven: We're so sorry!

[Later.]

(Gems who are guarding White Diamond's ship.)

Mean Lapis: Tch. This is no job for Gems like us, we're better than this!

Nice Lapis: I agree.

Mean Lapis: They doesn't let me be part of their meetings anymore, for some reason they don't trust me the same way they used to, that's why they give me this kind of job. How frustrating.

Nice Lapis: Yup.

Mean Lapis: Well, whatever. All in all, I guess it's better this way. Now I have more time to spend with you..

Nice Lapis: You're right.

Mean Lapis: It doesn't feel the same as before, though.

Nice Lapis: What do you mean?

Mean Lapis: Don't mind me, just stay alert.

Nice Lapis: Ok.

Mean Lapis: *sighs* I guess I just have to wait a little longer.

Nice Lapis: *confused* Huh?

Mean Lapis: I thought I told you not to mind me.

Nice Lapis: No!! *points up to the sky* I meant that!!

(Just then, a pair of bright lights appears in the sky, almost appearing like shooting stars.)

Mean Lapis: What the hell is that?!

[At the same time.]

Steven: Guys, look up in the sky!

(Everyone look up to the sky.)

Steven: The warship is here!

(The warship comes flying through the sky, attacking left and right. The enemy Gems are surprised and wonder what's going on.)

Garnet: Now! Move! Move!! MOVE!!!