75. Human Being

Pearl: Let's help Steven!

Amethyst: Yeah, let's go, what are we waiting for?!

Garnet: It's hard for me to say, but... there's nothing we can do now, we're out of time.

Amethyst: What're you sayin'?!

Garnet: Of all the possible futures I saw in my future vision, it will be impossible for us to survive this attack.

Amethyst: N-no way.

Pearl: It makes sense. Only Rose/Pink's shield is capable of repelling it without a problem, that's how she saved Garnet and me millennia ago.

Garnet: But neither Rose nor Steven are here.

Amethyst: So it's over, huh?

Pearl: *in fear* What will become of us, Garnet, will they corrupt us?

Garnet: I'm afraid... it could be worse.

Pearl: It can't be.

Garnet: It's best if you don't know anything in detail, so as not to panic. We must face this as calmly as possible.

[After saying this, Pearl and Amethyst stay silent, that's when they notice how Garnet's left hand is kind of shaking, so Pearl proceeds to take it in her own, then Amethyst does the same, providing her comfort.]

Garnet: Guys...

[The trio then proceeds to hug each other.]

【At the same time.】

[Spinel, Jasper and Bluebird stare in confusion at the four diamond glows in the sky.]

Jasper: I think I've seen this somewhere before.

Spinel: Have you?

Bluebird: *yells out at the sky* Damn you, Emerald! You betrayed me! Don't even think you'll get away with this!!

Spinel: Hey, you seem to know something about the glow in the sky, don't you?!

Jasper: You'd better start talking, you little runt!

Bluebird: Okay, okay, I'll tell you! There's no point in covering up for Emerald anyway.

Spinel: Well?

Bluebird: You see, Emerald has the Diamonds under her control, she got it thanks to White Diamond's mental powers.

Jasper: What does that mean?

Spinel: White Diamond can channel the thoughts of others into her body, so they can control her instead.

Bluebird: Indeed. Emerald suppressed White Diamond's consciousness and locked her in a little room in her head, that way she can control her body and her abilities at will. She then used the gem control beam on Yellow Diamond and Blue Diamond.

Spinel: *surprised* Yellow and Blue too?!

Jasper: I-It can't be!

Bluebird: And, by the looks of it, she's got Steven now too.

Spinel: No way!

Jasper: My Diamond!

[Jasper then looks up at the sky in concern.]

【Back to space.】

[Emerald finishes charging the Diamond blast.]

Emerald: It's finally ready! *laughs* Now, let's see if I can blow up a whole planet with my new DIAMOND POWER!!!