42. Head On

【Somewhere in the deepest abandoned area on Homeworld.】

[Steven and his friends are seen sitting in a circle, discussing what their next move will be.]

Garnet: As we are all relaxed, we can now think about what we are going to do from now on.

Steven: I really have no idea what we can do from now on.

Connie: Infiltration was our best ace up our sleeve, but we just lost it, so I can't think of anything we can do either.

Pearl: There's got to be a way to get through this.

Steven: Maybe there is. I can't see one right now, though.

Amethyst: What happened to the Diamonds? They would have solved this problem by now, don't you think?

Steven: The Diamonds, we haven't heard from them for months.

Connie: We did everything in our power to contact them, but to no avail.

Pearl: Don't you think that's kind of strange? Maybe something happened to them.

Steven: Oh come on, we're talking about Diamonds, the most powerful beings in the universe, they brag about it all the time. They can clearly take care of themselves.

Amethyst: Is that so?

Steven: They went on vacation without telling anyone, you know!? I can assure you they're having the time of their lives right now, while all of us are here, in deep trouble, fighting for our lives!

Pearl: We shouldn't be so sure about that.

Amethyst: I think so too.

Steven: Please don't remind me of the Diamonds anymore, okay? Our main concern right now is to find a way out of this situation alive.

Pearl: Well, if we don't have the help of the Diamonds, we're really going to have a hard time.

Steven: I think so, too.

Amethyst: We have to try something, even if we fail!

Steven: We already tried something, and we failed miserably.

Garnet: I'm sure you did your best to bring us back.

Steven: And what good did that do in the end?! There are still countless Gems to save all over the universe! We're at a crossroads! I don't know what to do anymore!

Garnet: Don't despair, Steven, that's what they want.

Amethyst: So true.

Pearl: We'll figure something out soon, you'll see.

Connie: On second thought, how about we attack the ringleaders directly?

Steven: Huh?

Connie: So far we've been doing things in the shadows, it's a long-term but effective method, still... how about we stop hiding and attack head on?

Garnet: *adjusts her visors* Hmm, yeah, that might work.

Steven: No way, that would practically be committing suicide! We're certainly on the verge of desperation, but we don't have to go to such extremes!

Amethyst: At least not yet.

Steven: Yeah! ...Wait, what?

Connie: The thing is, if we overthrow the ringleaders, there's a good chance that the rejuvenated Gems will no longer be a problem.

Garnet: Right. They'll most likely surrender right away.

Steven: What makes you guys think that?

Garnet: As you may know, they have been forbidden to think for themselves, this is to prevent them from accidentally getting their memories back.

Connie: So they won't know how to react or act in a dangerous situation, as they need someone higher up to guide and manipulate them.

Garnet: Exactly.

Steven: Still, I'm not too sure about this.