61- Can't Forget

Spinel: What do you mean by that?

Steven: Spinel, a good friend would never lie to you or hurt you, much less abandon you.

Spinel: Huh?

Steven: That's just what Pink Diamond did to you, she abandoned you for thousands of years in that special world built just for her and you.

Spinel: Th-The garden! *she said as a tear dripped out of her eye*

(Remembering her past, Spinel briefly smiles, looking back on her happy memories... before degrading into a destroyed frown.)

Spinel: NO!

Steven: Oh, I see you remembered the garden already, didn't you?

(Spinel begins flashing back to her happy memories, with Spinel playing hide-and-seek with Pink Diamond, as she surprised her with funny faces, making Pink laugh.)

Spinel: *shakes her head wildly* No, no, no, no! Just can it, won't ya?! I won't let ya play with my mind! Pink Diamond would never abandon her playmate!

Steven: Spinel, that's just what she did the first chance she got. She told you to stand very still in the garden, so you did. You waited for her for six thousand years and she never came back. I don't know the reasons why she did that to you, but what is clear to me is that she wasn't a good friend to you, and you know very well you can get someone better.

Spinel: I...

Steven: Remember,
🎶I can make a promise...

(Steven starts to sing "change", one of the songs from the movie.)

Spinel: I remember now! *starts singing along with Steven*

(As Spinel finishes singing, she begins to glow as her gem turns around into an upside-down heart, and she reforms back to her current self.)

Steven: You're back!

Spinel: Yes! Thanks to you! And now, could someone get me outta this block of ice already?

Lapis: Uhhh, sorry. I can only freeze the water, not thaw it. I suppose you'll stay in there for a while.

Spinel: What?!

Steven: No worries, just leave it to me.

(Steven destroys the ice with a tap, freeing Spinel.)

Peridot: Just like that? Seriously?

Steven: Yep, I'm pretty much in control of my strength by now–

Spinel: Steven!!!

(Spinel runs up to Steven and hugs him.)

Spinel: Thank you so much!

(Spinel gives Steven a big, exaggerated kiss.)

Steven: Ahh! Wait!!

(Connie, arms crossed, watching everything.)

Steven: *nervously* O-Okay, Spinel! This isn't really necessary, can you please stop now!?

Spinel: *still hugging him very affectionately* Just a little longer, okay?

(Connie, with a serious look on her face.)

Steven: Th-th-th-that's enough! P-P-Please stop, Spinel!!

[Much later.]

(After Steven has had to almost get down on his knees to clear the air with Connie.)

Peridot: So now it's Jasper's turn, huh?