67- Save Gems

Nice Lapis: Don't be discouraged, partner.

Lapis: Exactly. You're coming with us, we're going to help you change that attitude.

Mean Lapis: *sarcastically* Hooray! Just look at me, I'm so excited about it. I can't handle the waiting.

Lapis: That's the spirit! You'll see the changes are not so bad.

Mean Lapis: Looks like someone didn't get the message right, huh?

Lapis: Oh Come on, don't be like that. Changes can make you discover feelings you didn't even know you had. Just give it a try, okay?

Mean Lapis: Nah. I've already experienced one change and I didn't like it at all.

Lapis: Often happens.

Mean Lapis: It's just a bunch of silly stuff.

Lapis: Look, I understand very well that this isn't easy for you, it wasn't easy for me either. In fact, it's not easy for anyone.

Mean Lapis: *beginining to get irritated* Grrr!

Lapis: You can't let a bad experience get you down, though. *puts her hand on Mean Lapis' shoulder* Just let us help yo-

Mean Lapis: *interrupts as she slapped Lapis' hand away from her shoulder* Will you shut up!?! Can't you see I don't give a damn about your changes, feelings, or whatever you're prattling on about?!

Lapis: Tch. Seriously? Me wanting help you, and you are still as exasperating as ever.

Mean Lapis: Get off my back, will you?! I'm not feeling so good right now. I just... wanna go away and be alone. I don't feel like being here, much less listening to your yapping.

Lapis: Okay, that's it! *summons her water wings* I'll make you change, by force if necessary!

(Lapis forms two water fists from her wings, causing Mean Lapis to flinch in fear.)

Peridot: Lapis!

Lapis: Huh? *turns to Peridot*

Peridot: Keep your pants on!

Lapis: ... *blushes in embarrassment* I... get you. *makes her water wings disappear* I apologize.

Peridot: It's not me you have to apologize to.

Lapis: I know. *turns to Mean Lapis* I truly apologize for what happened and for my behavior, I flew off the handle for a moment.

Mean Lapis: Yeah sure, whatever. Just let me make it clear that I'm not gonna obey you for anything in the world, not even if you beat me to a pulp, Pearly Lapis!

Lapis: *with a twitch in her eye* P-pearly?

Mean Lapis: It's nonsense for you to try to change me, I'll never be able to do it, so don't waste your time.

Nice Lapis: Oh please, you need to do your part too, yet you adopt this attitude instead of making an attempt to make amends for what you did.

Mean Lapis: There's nothing to make amends for, it's irreparable damage. It's all over for me, doing anything about it would just be a total waste of time.

Nice Lapis: So dropping to the depths is the only thing you plan to do?

Mean Lapis: I just want you to get it over with and shatter me at once, that's the best you can do with me, maybe you can find some purpose for my shards. I highly doubt it, though. *lowers her eyes* Pretty sure they wouldn't even serve as decoration, they'll never have a purpose again, just like me and my whole existence.