41. Just Around The Corner

【Somewhere in the Homeworld Palace.】

Bluebird: *laughing* I think I really pissed him off, at least it seemed that way to me.

[Spinel has finished rejuvenating the Gems.]

Spinel: All done.

[Spinel deactivates the rejuvenator and stores it back in her gemstone.]

Spinel: I have just completed the rejuvenation of all these Gems.

Lapis: It's over, we don't have to worry about any more infiltrated Gems.

Bluebird: Nice. Now, let's chalk this up to experience, shall we? I hope it won't happen again. From now on we'll have to be more cautious about accepting Gems who want to join us willingly.

Lapis: Mm-hmm.

Bluebird: By the way, I like you both. Your way of acting is impeccable, you show no mercy to anyone. I have no doubt that you have been very well manipulated.... NO, I MEAN, TRAINED! Yes, you have been very well trained! You're incredible!

Lapis: Thank you very much for those wonderful words, ma'am.

Spinel: Yeah, thanks.

Bluebird: As a reward, you two will work under my command. Lazuli, even if you are a bit impulsive at times, you will be my right-hand Gem. Needless to say, you must improve in that aspect of yourself.

Lapis: Of course, I will.

Bluebird: As for you, Spinel, you can be my left.

Spinel: Really?! That would be awesome! They say great things about you, such as, you are quite brave and a very good fighter!

Lapis: They also say that you were a fundamental piece for the birth of this new empire! Is all that true?!

Bluebird: *nervously* Y-Yes, of course, everything good they say about me is true! It's not like I made it up or anything, obviously not! *laughs nervously* I'm the best!

Spinel: Then it'll be an honor to work for you, ma'am!

Lapis: Yeah! The truth is, I can't stand my superior Lapis anymore, I'm fed up with her!

Bluebird: I'll talk to her, all in good time.

Spinel: What are we supposed to do in the meantime? Steven Universe is still out there.

Bluebird: I think the best thing we can do now is to report the current situation to Emerald, she will know best what to do.

[Bluebird says as she turns to the two Topazes.]

Bluebird: You two, pick up all these Gems and take them to the conversion room.

Topaz 2: Yes, ma'am!

Topaz 1: We'll get right on it!

Bluebird: Very good, that's what I wanted to hear!

[Bluebird then turns to Lapis and Spinel.]

Bluebird: You two are coming with me.]

[Bluebird says as she walks away, Lapis and Spinel follow her without complaint.]

Lapis & Spinel: Roger!

[As they walk through the shattered hallways of the palace, they unexpectedly cross paths with Holly Blue Agate and a blue gem, who are curiously heading to the same place as them.]

Bluebird: Yo, what's up?!

???? ?????: Hello there!

Holly Blue Agate: You'd better have a really good excuse for this mess, otherwise I highly doubt she'll spare your life this time.

Bluebird: Even if this isn't entirely my fault? You see, what we suspected turned out to be true, Steven Universe is on Homeworld. He's been sending us spy Gems under cover for months.

???? ?????: No way!

Holly Blue Agate: So, is he responsible for the destruction of the Palace and its surroundings?!

Bluebird: You could say that, This silly Lapis got a little carried away and made a mess of things when she tried to capture Steven, the worst part is that the jerk got away!

Lapis: *bows to her* I again offer you my sincerest apologies.

???? ?????: As immature and impulsive as ever, huh? I thought I made it clear to you that you should stop acting on impulse, when will you learn to behave properly?

Lapis: *grumbles* Tch. Yeah, sure, whatever you say.

[Lapis says as she holds back her contempt for this Gem.]

???? ?????: How insolent! Know your place, will you? Talk to me with more respect, we're not the same!

Lapis: I don't have to, I'm no longer under your command after all.

???? ?????: What did you say?!

Bluebird: She's mine now, just so you know.

???? ?????: But...

Bluebird: You've already got one, so don't complain.

???? ?????: Meh, why should I complain? She's a real pain in the ass, you know? Do what you please with her, I don't care.

Bluebird: Good.

Holly Blue Agate: Anyway, back to the topic at hand, Azurite, what should we do now that we know Steven is around?

Bluebird: Well, I was thinking we should send a few robonoids after him, but Homeworld is so big I don't know where to start looking for him.

Holly Blue Agate: True. There's no reason not to, though.

Bluebird: You're right. But first let's ask Emerald what she thinks about it, maybe she already has something in mind.

Holly Blue Agate: Knowing her, she probably does.

Bluebird: What do you think Steven's next move will be?

Holly Blue Agate: I have no idea, maybe he will try to steal a ship to flee the planet.

Bluebird: Most likely. We must be very cautious in this particular case, let's double the security of all ships on Homeworld, just in case.

Holly Blue Agate: Absolutely. Stealing a ship is the most feasible option Steven could come up with.

Bluebird: He doesn't have many options, though. He's all alone, we've gotten rid of all his Gems.

Holly Blue Agate: Glad to hear that! We're way ahead of that wretch, he must be getting desperate right now!

Bluebird: Our revenge is just around the corner! *laughs* It's only a matter of time before we have that stupid Steven kneeling before us!

Holly Blue Agate: *excited* Yeah!

[Bluebird and the others walk out of the Homeworld's palace, heading for a specific place.]