15. New Era

[Steven and Jasper finally arrive on Homeworld warp pad.]

[There have been slight alterations to structures like the Diamond Palace. Previously, the palace featured waterfalls and vegetation, but now they are gone. In close proximity to the palace, prism-like structures adorned with banners in hues of green, each displaying Gem Glyphs, hover. The pyramids are now adorned with green banderoles, each with a large stamped E, and green flags have also been placed along the sidewalk leading to the Warp Pad in front of the palace.]

Steven: *looks around* They expropriated everything, and changed it as they pleased. Just wait till the Diamonds see all thi--

Jasper: *interrupts* My Diamond, look at that!

[Jasper points up to the roof of a building.]

Jasper: The Diamonds' ships!

Steven: Huh?

[Steven looks up and sees that, indeed, the Diamonds' ships are parked in their usual place, including Pink Diamond's.]

Steven: No way, you're right! What the heck are their ships doing on Homeworld?! Weren't the Diamonds supposed to be on vacation?!

Jasper: Maybe they used another ship so as not to attract the attention of the others.

Steven: Yes, most likely. The Diamonds doesn't matter now, though! C'mon, let's get into the palace and save our friends!

Jasper: YOUR friends, not mine.

Steven: Yeah, whatever. Let's go!

[Once they enter the palace, Steven and Jasper walk to the area where the Diamonds' thrones are located and immediately notice someone sitting on Pink Diamond's throne.]

????? ???? ?????: Well, well, well! Look who we have here.

Steven: *surprised* You?

????? ???? ?????: Hello there, Steven Universe! Long time no see.

Steven: Yeah, it's been too long... Holly!

[It's Holly Blue Agate, she's the Gem sitting on Pink Diamond's throne.]

Holly Blue Agate: I was waiting for you, Steven. Emerald told me to give you a warm welcome, and here I am.

Steven: Did she rejuvenate you?

Holly Blue Agate: Haha, you're completely wrong, Steven! I don't need to be rejuvenated to loathe your Era Three, I've loathed it since its dawn!

Steven: So you too, huh?

Holly Blue Agate: This new era is a complete mess, a total disrespect for order! There is no authority, no control, no rules, no NOTHING!! Everybody does whatever the hell they want without being punished for it!

Steven: That is exactly what Era Three is all about!

Holly Blue Agate: What are you complaining about then? We're only doing what you yourself told us to do, "every Gem is free to live the life they want without fear of persecution and punishment", those were your verbatim words the day you dismantled the Diamond Empire, Steven, don't you remember it anymore?

Steven: No, I still do! This isn't what I meant, though! You can live your lives as you please, as long as you don't hurt innocent people! That's just wrong!

Holly Blue Agate: You're contradicting yourself, that's not what you said that day.

Steven: Did I have to?! I thought it was clear that the Diamond Empire meant a life of oppression for every living thing in the universe, including the Gemkind, that's why I dismantled the empire for good! And now you people want to bring back the tyranny that the Diamonds once imposed throughout the universe! I can't get it through my head that you want to go back to that kind of life!

Holly Blue Agate: Your false accusations offend me, Steven. I didn't know you were a slanderer. We're not hurting anyone; we never have, on the contrary, we're saving them.

Steven: Oh c'mon, don't give me that now! Brainwashing others is clearly wrong, and you know it!

Holly Blue Agate: Says the half-diamond human who brainwashes everyone he comes across! You're no one to reproach us for anything, Steven.

Steven: *sighs* Can you believe this, Jasper?

Jasper: Well, I can't deny she's got a point there.

Steven: What!? You too, Jasper!? They're making a big mess across the universe and--

Holly Blue Agate: *interrupts Steven* Uh-uh-uh-uh-uh. The big mess was made by YOU, Steven, we're just cleaning it up, what's wrong with that? YOU took away everything that was important to any Gem, their status, their purpose, their reason for being! We're doing good for them, you're the bad guy here! *shouts out* Am I wrong, guys?!?

[Suddenly, a large number of Quartz Gems emerge from everywhere, ambushing Steven and Jasper.]

Jasper: An ambush! My diamond, we've been surrounded!!

Steven: I can see that. *looks around* These Gems are old acquaintances of mine - Amethysts, Jaspers, and Rose Quartzes; all are from the Human Zoo.

Holly Blue Agate: Indeed! Emerald, Bluebird and other Gems assault the Human Zoo a few months ago, and I joined their cause without a second's hesitation. The rest of the Quartz soldiers, on the other hand, were rejuvenated with no exception. Shortly thereafter we crashed the Human Zoo into an unknown planet, the disgusting Humans were still in it, of course. I assume they all died on impact. *chuckles* Well, what can we do? That's what they get for being a lower life form. *she sneered*

Steven: *angered* Grrr! I've had enough of this!!

[A rage-blinded Steven charges at Holly Blue Agate, but one particular square-headed Gem lunges at him and blocks him with her gauntlets.]

??????: Stay away from her!!

Steven: *shocked* No way! It's you, Garne--!!

Garnet: I'm warning you, don't come any closer to her!

[Garnet punches Steven right in the face, sending him flying back into a pillar and giving him a nosebleed.]

Steven: *in pain* Argh! Th-that really hurt!

[Steven recovers, wipes the blood from his nose and looks around more carefully this time.]

Steven: So they're here too, huh? Garnet, Amethyst and Spinel. I hadn't noticed their presence.

[An enraged Steven yells out at Holly Blue.]

Steven: Hey! What have you done to my friends?! Where are the rest of them?!

Holly Blue Agate: You think I'm stupid enough to tell you that, huh?

Steven: *shouting* Oh, c'mon, I demand you tell me right away!!

Holly Blue Agate: Ugh, fine. Since you're asking so nicely, I'll tell you.

Steven: Well?

Holly Blue Agate: You see, the Gems end up kind of lost and confused after rejuvenation. We only offer them a hand, a guide on their way to a better future without the bullshit you instilled in them. Unlike you, we don't force anyone to be part of anything. *shouts* Am I right, guys?

The Bunch Of Gems: Of course you are!!

Steven: What a nerve.

Holly Blue Agate: Face it, Steven! Your friends are gone forever, it was their fate! You lost! *laughs hysterically*

[Steven is in bewilderment.]

Holly Blue Agate: This is the birth of a new era for us Gems, Steven, and the likes of you have no place here; therefore, you must die here and now!