57. See You Never

Lapis: You can't imagine how much I've missed you, Peridot.

Peridot: Same here. I'm so glad you're back. And I apologize for all the mean things I said, I didn't mean to hurt you.

Lapis: No worries, I know very well that you didn't mean to hurt me. Nobody knows you better than I do.

Peridot: We just have to get through this together.

Lapis: Yeah... together.

Peridot: Well, I guess we should help out too, shouldn't we?

Lapis: Of course we should.

[They end the hug.]

Peridot: Wait a second, first of all, do you really think you can take on Malachite just like that?

Lapis: I don't see why I can't. I'm not afraid of her, I don't have to be. I'm not a part of her anymore after all.

Peridot: All right, Lapis, that's the spirit!

【Meanwhile.】

[Obsidian and Malachite 2.0 are still fighting.]

Malachite 2.0: *panting* N-not even a scratch. What the hell are they made of?! No matter how hard I hit them, they don't even flinch! Damn it all!

Obsidian: *in a deep, rough voice* And yet you don't seem to want to stop fighting.

Malachite 2.0: *panting* Of course I don't! I'll keep fighting until the very end!

Obsidian: Get it straight, will ya? You can't beat me.

Malachite 2.0: We shall see about that, you freak.

Obsidian: Aw, come on, I don't want to hurt you. Surrender... please.

Malachite 2.0: *enraged* Screw you, I'll never surrender!

Obsidian: *sighs* Stubborn as a mule, huh? I can see Jasper's in control. *gets serious* Fine, have it your way.

[Malachite 2.0 charges at Obsidian, but water arms emerging from within the ground abruptly stop her charge. The water arms grab her wrists and legs, then turn into shackles. Next, water chains wrap around her torso and neck, pinning her in place.]

[Malachite 2.0 groans in discomfort as she struggles to break free, while Obsidian watches on.]

Malachite 2.0: Grrr! Wh-what's going on?!

Obsidian: *confused* No idea.

[Obsidian looks behind and sees Lapis flying towards them.]

Lapis: I got you right where I want you, Malachite!

[Malachite 2.0 struggles to look up at Lapis.]

Malachite 2.0: You?!

Lapis: Hey.

Malachite 2.0: What are you doing?!

Lapis: I'd say it's good to see you, but to tell you the truth, I'd be lying.

Malachite 2.0: *struggling* Who do you think you are, you wretch!? Unchain me for fuck's sake!

Lapis: Pfft! Not on your life.

[Lapis says as she holds out her hand and then clenches it into a fist, which causes the chains to begin to tighten, squeezing Malachite 2.0 tighter and tighter.]

Malachite 2.0: *cries out in pain* AAAAAH!!!

Lapis: Don't think I'm doing this because I'm afraid of you or anything, I'm just disgusted by the sight of you.