78- In Need Of Help

Lapis: *to Mean Lapis* Hey, we're going to help Steven, so any help will do. Are you coming with us?

Mean Lapis: *despodently* No.

Nice Lapis: What the-? After all this, are you still unwilling to change and rectify your actions? You should do the right thing at least once!

Mean Lapis: I don't think I'm capable of doing the right thing even once.

Nice Lapis: Don't say that. Of course you can, everyone can. You just need to try!

Mean Lapis: Everything I do always goes wrong, so why bother trying?

Nice Lapis: Stop being so pessimistic, if you never try, you'll never know.

Mean Lapis: Nah, I already know what the result will actually be.

Nice Lapis: Please just be more optimistic!

Mean Lapis: I can't, I mean, I just... I don't feel like doing anything, ok? I feel empty without you, I feel dead inside! My life has lost what little meaning it had.

Nice Lapis: ...?

Mean Lapis: I know I made a lot of mistakes, but now all I want to do is leave as far as possible to drown my sorrows to death–

(Suddenly, Lapis un-shackles Mean Lapis, getting her free.)

Mean Lapis: *confused* Wha? Why?

Lapis: Now you're free, free to decide between running away as far as you can, staying in a dark corner of the universe, alone, crying, and waiting for death forever... or help us with this to rectify and redeem yourself a little for everything you have done.

(Mean Lapis ponders on her own for a while.)

Lapis: What do you think?

Mean Lapis: Well, I think I have a better idea.

(Mean Lapis walks up to Nice Lapis with an enthusiastic expression on her face and clasps her hands around hers.)

Mean Lapis: Partner, please. kneels before her* Come away with me!

Nice Lapis: What?!!

Mean Lapis: We could disappear, start a new life on a planet far from the Gem empire, just you and me!

Nice Lapis: You've gotta be kidding me, partner.

Mean Lapis: I'm serious! You told me I had to be optimistic, didn't you?

Nice Lapis: I didn't mean this.

Mean Lapis: I know I hurt you and I've been acting like a jerk, but it won't happen again. I promise to do my best to rectify my mistakes in some way, just tell me what you think of my proposal. Shall we leave here together?

Nice Lapis: *nervously* Well... *glances away* I-I...

Mean Lapis: *happy expression* Come on, just say YES.

Nice Lapis: *after pondering a bit* I'm so sorry, but... *unclaps Mean Lapis' hands from hers* My answer is a NO.

Mean Lapis: What- *happy expression quickly fades away* -did you say?!

Nice Lapis: I said I'm not going anywhere with you, that's my last word.

Mean Lapis: But why?

Nice Lapis: Do you really have the nerve to ask?

Mean Lapis: *looks down in sorrow* You're right. I am sorry, I was stupid to think about this after hurting you.

Nice Lapis: Yes, I haven't even had time to process what happened.

Mean Lapis: I understand... *gets up and turns her back on Nice Lapis* Please forget this ever happened, okay? *walks off*

Nice Lapis: Wait, hold on there!

Mean Lapis: *pauses* Hm?

Nice Lapis: Other than what happened. I'm not going with you because Steven and his friends have helped me a lot, now I have to do the same thing too.

Mean Lapis: *holding back tears* You don't have to hold it in, let it out. *tears burst out from her eyes* Tell me what you really think. I... understand you, I wouldn't wanna leave with a scum like ME neither.

Nice Lapis: That's not what I think. What I really think is, you can change, it's not too late yet. After this, they and I could help you!

Mean Lapis: No, I'm long past saving. *summons her wings* If this is the life you've chosen, that's fine. You are free to do what you like the most. *teary-eyed, turns to Nice Lapis* I am nobody to take away your happiness, so I sincerely wish you to be happy forever living the life you have chosen. But with a scum like ME around you won't be, I assure you.

Nice Lapis: I... don't quite understand what you're trying to say.

Mean Lapis: I promise you'll understand soon enough.*looks up at the sky* I definitely know what I have to do to make you happy, so I think this will be the last time you see me living. After all, I got nothing to live for.

Nice Lapis: What... did you mean by that?!

Mean Lapis: *waves goodbye* Have a good time, my partner– I mean, Lapis. *flies off away as fast as she can*

Nice Lapis: Wait, where are you going?! Come back, don't do anything stupid!! *summons her wings*

Lapis: Whoa, hold it! *stops Nice Lapis* Let her go, It's not worth it. *places her hands on Nice Lapis' shoulders* You did everything in your power to try to help her, and look, she just refused.

Nice Lapis: *tearing up* But–

Lapis: Look, don't feel bad. *wipes Nice Lapis' tears* You did the right thing and that's why I'm very proud of you, too bad I can't say the same about her. I know we was too hard on her, but she'll be fine, even if she's devastated right now by the decision you made. She made hers too and there's nothing we can do against that.

Nice Lapis: *makes her wings disappear* I know.

Lapis: Our lives are on the line, so if we make it through this, I promise we will find a way to help her.

Nice Lapis: Really?

Lapis: Yeah, but for now our top priority is helping Steven.

Connie: Lapis is right. Even though we are in danger, we can't abandon Steven!

Peridot: I suggest we go find Garnet, she better than anyone will know what to do.

Connie: You're right, let's go find her then.

(Conie and the others leave there.

[After a while.]

(Connie's group manages to reunite with Garnet, Amethyst and Pearl.)

Pearl: We finally found you!

Connie: Guys, we were looking for you.

Amethyst: We too.

Pearl: No time to talk! We are in need of help!

Garnet: Lapis, fly us to Steven!

Lapis: I can fly to him very easily, but I can't carry all of you with me.

Pearl: What about you, Peridot?! You always fly on top of a trash can lid, do you think you can fly us to Steven if we get on a metal piece?!

Peridot: Yes, I think so.

Garnet: Okay, let's try that!