63- The Past Is Past

Jasper: *walks up to Lapis* Lapis.

Lapis: *crosses her arms and looks away* Tch. Keep your distance with me, otherwise you got real trouble. *she said getting defensive*

Jasper: Don't get defensive. I just need you to know that unlike you, I don't hold any kind of grudge against you.

Lapis: What!? Why not? In the past, we both hurt each other a lot.

Jasper: The past is past, and I don't care about it.

Lapis: Um?

Jasper: What matters most to me is power, strength and nothing else. So if someone is better than me at that, I have nothing left but respect and admiration for them. You understand that, don't you?

Lapis: I just understand that you're out of your mind.

Jasper: Of all the Gems around my Diamond, you're the strongest individually. Just look at how destroyed you left this place.

Lapis: That's not something I'm proud of, it's likely that many Gems have died because of me.

Jasper: There's no reason to be sorry, sacrifices are part of war. Only those who are as strong as you make it through this.

Lapis: Enough! Get to the point, don't think that the problems between us will be solved just because you're flattering me. You and I can never be friends, so don't even bother trying.

Jasper: Don't get me wrong.

Lapis: Huh?

Jasper: I'm not looking for you and me to be friends or anything like that, that silly stuff is unnecessary for me.

Lapis: What do you want then?

Jasper: I just want to avoid getting in trouble with the best Gem around here... After my Diamond, of course.

Lapis: Hmph.

Jasper: How about we put the past aside for a moment? Just to avoid unnecessary clashes between us, what do you say? *holds out her hand expecting a handshake*

Lapis: *nervously* Well, I...

(Lapis instantly remembered the moment when she offered her hand to fuse with Jasper. She doesn't know how to act about it, she begins to ponder it on her own, but she has many doubts regarding what she should and is about to do. But in the end, she plucks up the courage.)

Lapis: Okay. *shakes hands with Jasper* The past in the past... At least for now.

Jasper: Fine. *lets go of Lapis' hand and walks away a little bit*

Lapis: Uhmm. *looks at her hand* I guess it wasn't as awful as I thought it'd be.

(Steven and Peridot walk over to Lapis.)

Peridot: Lapis?

Steven: Everything okay?

Lapis: Yeah, I think so.

Peridot: So, how are you feelin' now?

Lapis: I feel great, it's like... like a giant weight has just been lifted off my shoulders.

Steven: That's good. I'm really glad for you.

Peridot: Me too. I congratulate you, Lapis.

Lapis: Thanks.

Steven: Did you see that it wasn't so hard? Even she took the initiative.