97- Sooner Or Later

Steven: You know, even if some changes don't seem positive at first glance, sooner or later, the time will come when you will understand their reason for existing.

Emerald: I'm not interested in listening to any of your bullshit!

Steven: Sometimes all it takes is a little motivation to change.

Emerald: What are you getting at?

Steven: What I'm getting at is that, in order for you to change, you just need something to motivate you to change.

Emerald: Ha, ha! Oh yeah?

Steven: Yeah, something like your own ship.

Emerald: What the-?!

Steven: The Off Colors and I were talking a few days ago, they told me they're willing to give you back your Sun Incinerator.

Emerald: Wh-what did you say!?! *confused* I don't understand, why would they do something like that?

Steven: They just want to do the right thing.

Emerald: That doesn't make any sense at all, they did everything they could to steal my ship. Most likely you had something to do with it, Steven!

Steven: Of course not! They only stole it to get back to Earth. That mission is long over, so they don't need it anymore.

Emerald: I don't believe you! There's no way they'd want to give it back to me just like that.

Steven: Well, they'll give it back to you as long as you serve your sentence and don't commit atrocities again.

Emerald: Oh, I see, I knew there was something fishy going on here.

Steven: Huh? Doesn't that sound like a good deal to you?

Emerald: How is blackmailing me with my precious ship a good deal?

Steven: I'm not blackmailing you.

Emerald: Yes, you are! This is the second time you've tried that! It'll never cease to amaze me how low you can be.

Steven: Oh c'mon, it's a win-win. You get your ship back and you get to improve the way you are, plus-

Emerald: I won't be a pain in the ass to you and your friends anymore, right?

Steven: I wouldn't say so, but... yeah, sort of.

Emerald: Ha! As inconceivable as it may seem to me, I have to say I'd do anything to get my beloved Sun Incinerator back, but I'm not desperate enough to succumb to your nonsense, I'd never sacrifice my dignity.

Steven: What do you mean?

Emerald: You can't fool me, Steven! All this talk about giving me back my ship is nothing more than a dirty trick of yours to manipulate me, subjugate me and get me to do whatever you want me to do, isn't it?

Steven: No, not at all! Everything I told you is true, we only want to help you!

Emerald: *sarcastically* Yeah, right. And I have two eyeballs.

Steven: I understood that–

Emerald: *interrupts* That's enough! You'd better leave, I've had enough of your presence.

Steven: Will you at least take my proposal into consideration?

Emerald: Yeah, yeah, whatever, maybe I will. I make no promises, though. There, are you happy?

Steven: Not really.

Emerald: Too bad. Now, If you have nothing more to say. *shouts* Get the hell out of here, RIGHT NOW!!

Steven: Okay, but I won't give up on you. I'll keep trying to help you, I'll make you see that your thinking and acting is wrong.

Emerald: You're so irritating, Steven. Give it up, will you? Can't you see you're just wasting your time?

Steven: We'll see.

(Steven walks away from Emerald's cell, she watches him leave as she thinks to herself.)

Emerald: If your intention with this visit was to fuel my hatred for you even more, congratulations, you've succeeded. I'll keep playing the prisoner for now, but sooner or later, you'll pay dearly for this humiliation! *chuckles* You can't even imagine what's in store for you, Steven Universe! *laughs maliciously*

[A few moments later.]

(Steven walks to the warp pad.)

Steven: Well, I think I'm done for the day.

(Steven warps away to his house on Earth.)

Steven: *thinks to himself as he travels through the warp stream* Come to think of it, I didn't finish my trip across the country. During the trip I met a lot of great people and places, I also lived countless incredible adventures, but... I have such a blast with my friends and my family, it's thanks to them I am where I am now. They are my inspiration, my motivation to keep going... What should I do? Continue my trip where I left off, or stay with my friends?