38. They Know Everything

[Connie puts the communicator on the speaker.]

????????: *through the communicator* Hello? Are you still there?

Steven: *gasps* So, her again, huh?

Connie: *whispering* Do you know who that is?

Steven: It's Bluebird, no doubt about it.

Connie: Are you sure?

Steven: Yes, I'd know that voice anywhere.

Bluebird: *through the communicator* Well? Still waiting here. Who are you? If you don't answer I'm hanging up on you.

Connie: YOU answer me, Bluebird, how did you get hold of this communicator?!

Bluebird: *through the communicator* Oh, I don't know you at all, yet you know my name. I feel quite honored right now, you know.

Connie: That communicator was given to Peridot 9XL! Why do you have it?!

Bluebird: *through the communicator* Well, the poor thing was feeling a bit lonely, so we came to keep her company.

Connie: Wh-what do you mean by that?

Bluebird: *through the communicator* Enough of this. I don't have to explain myself to anyone, least of all a minion. Come on, put your master on, I want to talk to him.

Connie: Excuse you?! My what, you said?!

Bluebird: *through the communicator* Don't play dumb with me, flunky. You know damn well I'm talking about Steven Universe.

Connie: For your information, he's not my--

Bluebird: *through the communicator* I SAID PUT HIM ON! DAMMIT! I'm pretty sure he's behind all this! Do it!!

Connie: Ugh, fine. *to Steven* You heard her, here you go.

[Connie hands the communicator to Steven.]

Steven: Bluebird, listen to me real good! Woe betide you if you--

Bluebird: If I what, huh!?! Is that a threat!?

Steven: ...

Bluebird: *through the communicator* You know, you were really stupid to think that a Peridot could hack into the Homeworld cameras without anyone noticing.

Steven: What the--?! That's impossible! How did you find out?!

Bluebird: *through the communicator* It was very easy, actually. Her limb enhancers left a signal that led us to her.

Connie: Tsk! *thinks to herself* She's right, I didn't think there was a chance of that happening.

Bluebird: *through the communicator* I didn't want to believe it, but all indications are that the information is correct - you're here, Steven Universe!

Steven: What information are you talking about?

Bluebird: *through the communicator* Our little friend didn't want to tell us anything at first, a stubborn Gem. Nothing we couldn't handle, though. A little torture from Topaz was enough to make her sing like a canary. *chuckles in mockery*

Steven: *enraged* You dared such a thing!?!

Bluebird: *through the communicator* Take it easy, pal. Like I said, we only tortured her a "little." After all, we didn't want to shatter her. *chuckles* Well, not without getting information out of her first, of course. Otherwise, none of this would have made any sense. *chuckles* Am I right, Topaz?

[Now, Bluebird and two Topaz standing behind her are seen in a destroyed room, both Gems wielding their respective maces against Peridot 9XL, who is lying on the ground, badly and visibly beaten.]

Topaz 1: Of course you are, ma'am. *makes her mace disappear*

Topaz 2: Exactly. *makes her mace disappear too*

Note: These two Topazes are the same ones who in the past accompanied Aquamarine on the mission to capture humans.】

Bluebird: Come on, don't be quiet. Tell Steven how well we're taking care of you. *kicks Peridot 9XL*

Peridot 9XL: *in tears of anguish and pain* I-I-I'm... so sorry. I-I... didn't want to... they... made me.

Steven: Don't worry about it, I'll save you! I'll save everyone!

Bluebird: *laughs* How, may I ask? We've already tracked down all the Gems you brought to Homeworld. We know everything you're planning to do, you're done for!

Steven: No! I'll find a way, I have to!

Bluebird: *through the communicator* Good luck with that! *laughs* I highly doubt you'll make it, though.

Steven: You'll see I'll make it!

Bluebird: *through the communicator* Face it! You can't do anything against us anymore, Steven!

Steven: ...

Bluebird: *through the communicator* Y'know, we always found it odd that so many Gems willingly joined us. Let it be clear to you that that little trick won't work twice, you won't fool us again! *chuckles* You're a dead man, Steven! *laughs mischievously*

Steven: *enraged* You won't get away with this! I'll stop you!!

Bluebird: *through the communicator* I'd like to see you try. Well, if you can. *laughs*

Steven: SHUT UP!!!

[A door behind Bluebird suddenly opens.]

Bluebird: Um? *turns to te door*

[Lapis then walks in the room accompanied by many Gems whom she drags in by force with her water chains around their necks and limbs]

Lapis: I've finally finished what you asked me to do. These are all of Steven Universe's Gems who were infiltrating the palace.

Bluebird: My, my, look what we got here! *to Steven* Did you hear that? MY Lapis just brought me YOUR Gems.

Steven: WHAT?!?!

Bluebird: By the way, Lazuli, why are there so few of them?

Lapis: Some Gems put up a fight, so I had no choice but to destroy their physical forms. There were others who weren't so lucky, though. I shattered more than one or two, in fact.

Steven: *sadly* Lapis.

Bluebird: I see you followed my instructions to the letter. *chuckles* You did an excellent job, Lazuli.

Lapis: *bows* Thank you very much, ma'am.