Chapter 37

—————–———————————————
Captain's POV
—————–———————————————
A few hours before the ambush

"They aren't here." (Kana)

"They aren't. We sent up 3 flares and they haven't come." (Etsu)

"Something happened for sure. I bet it was that damn kid's fault." (Astrid)

"Hey, don't blame him just because you don't like him. And anyway, he's only a couple years younger than you and Airi, why are you calling him a kid?" (Etsu)

"Quit it." (Captain)

The table goes quiet in an instant.

Right now, we're in the bar of the Inn that we stayed at.

After sending up 3 glares to signal everyone to return, all of us but Airi and Ryu are here.

"It's been around 13 hours since we all left. They wouldn't have been gathering information that entire time, so something has happened." (Captain)

"Ok, around 13 hours. Say, where did Airi and Ryu go to again?" (Etsu)

"Ryu went to the slums at the North gate. Airi went to the West gate." (Captain)

"So it was most likely something to do with the slums?" (Astrid)

"It's the most suspicious right now." (Etsu)

"Haah, honestly, he's such a pain." (Astrid)

"For now, what did you get from the areas you went to?" (Captain)

"I went to the East Gate, the main one, and got almost nothing, but there were people sneaking around." (Kana)

"I went to the middle of the town~. Everyone looked like dolls, but I heard some people whispering in a bar about some noble wanting slaves." (Astrid)

"I went to the South side, the noble area, and I also heard about a noble wanting slaves, I think he was a Viscount." (Etsu)

"Hmm, so nothing certain." (Captain)

I sit silently for a few minutes, thinking of what to do.

"Alright, we're going to the slums." (Captain)

"Ehh, why?" (Astrid)

"Airi most likely left some sort of message if she got a hold of a lead." (Etsu)

"It's likely she did, but we need to hurry, something's going to happen." (Kana)

"What makes you say that?" (Captain)

"Hmm, intuition, probably." (Kana)

"Intuition?" (Astrid)

"Don't doubt the Elves' foresight, Astrid" (Etsu)

"Alright, but we need to go, if you have so much trust in Kana's intuition." (Astrid)

"Let's go, then." (Captain)

Lifting ourselves from our chairs, we walk out of the Inn and enter into a full sprint towards the northern area of Alzibria, the slums.

Considering our speed, we make it there in less than 5 minutes, and we decide to start searching.