Chapter 23

---------------------
Ryu's POV
---------------------

Bursting from behind the boxes, we dash out towards the guards, who draw their swords just in time to block our attacks.

Jumping back, I face one guard and dash towards him, lifting my sword above my head and bringing it down on top of him, clashing against his sword as he blocks my attack.

Taking a step back, I plant my left foot on the ground and kick the guards chest, sending him flying back, several of his ribs cracking under my foot.

I look towards the Captain and Vice-Captain to see them finishing their fights.

My attention is turned towards the final guard.

"Sir, please! Run away now!" (Guard)

Complying with his guard's orders, the man in a suit turns and runs the way he came, not looking back once.

"Ryu!" (Captain)

Not replying to his shout, I turn in the direction of the fleeing man and sprint towards him, catching up in several seconds, taking him to the ground.

Sheathing my sword, I punch the man in the back of the head, knocking him out and start dragging him back towards the defeated guards by his collar.

I see the final guard slumped against a nearby building, having been blown back by an attack.

"Where did the other trader go?" (Ryu)

"Ran as soon as we appeared, we didn't have time to run for him with these guards." (Etsu)

Cursing in my head, I focus my attention on the man I'm dragging.

"And what about him?" (Ryu)

"We question him." (Captain)

With that, he turns and walks towards an opening between two buildings, his back beckoning us to follow.

---------------------
Airi's POV
---------------------

It was late in the morning when I woke up, the sun blaring through the curtains of the room, filling it with light.

The first thing I noticed when leaving my room was the fact that Etsu, Ryu and the Captain had already started their mission, judging from the open door to the Captain's room.

I went downstairs to the bar that doubled as a dining room, passing the reception counter that had an employee with a blank expression.

It was the same throughout the entire town, people walking around with expressionless eyes, as if they were blind.

As I wait for Astrid and Kana to wake up, I run the mission through my head again.

Right now, the people of Alzibria are under a mind control spell, however, we currently don't know how severe it can be. And so, we were tasked with finding a person afflicted with the mind control spell, who is susceptible to Astrid's magic, so that we can understand it.

Honestly, I'm not too sure how Astrid is going to find someone suitable, but I'll have to hope that she tells us.

While thinking about the mission, several minutes go by and I hear Kana and Astrid walking down the stairs, making them creak on every step.