Chapter 29

—————–———————————————
Ryu's POV
—————–———————————————

"What did you find out from him?" (Ryu)

"Who?" (Captain)

"The trader." (Ryu)

"Ah, him. He claimed he didn't know anything, but we didn't have time to verify, considering he died before we could punch him." (Captain)

"He died? How?" (Ryu)

The Captain seems to think back to the view he had on the body before answering.

"There was a small, thin needle sticking out of the back of his neck, no more than a couple inches long." (Captain)

I open my mouth to say something, but my words get caught in my throat.

A thin needle?

"Almost like an assassination?" (Ryu)

The Captain simply nods his head as he continues walking.

I follow him absentmindedly, my thoughts focused on something else.

A thin needle that killed someone, almost as if it was an assassination.

I know only one person who could do something like that.

"Asa..." (Ryu)

Hearing a name muttered from my mouth, the Captain stops walking and turns to me.

"What was that?" (Captain)

His words pull me from my thoughts.

"Huh? Asa?" (Ryu)

"Yes, that." (Captain)

"Oh, no, it's just a name from someone who used the same technique." (Ryu)

I finish speaking and could see the Captain becoming more intrigued by what I said.

"What else is there?" (Captain)

"Well..." (Ryu)

—————–———————————————

"I see. So she might be involved with this town." (Captain)

"I think so." (Ryu)

The Captain takes a moment to think before speaking again.

"Well, it doesn't change our mission, so let's meet up with the rest of the squad." (Captain)

"Ah, about that. We started searching for the mage who fired down that [Violet Strike]." (Ryu)

"A mage? I met a dead one in one of the streets I was passing through." (Captain)

"What were they wearing?" (Ryu)

"A black cape I believe, it was dyed red with blood though." (Captain)

"What were the wounds like?" (Ryu)

"There weren't any." (Captain)

The Captain's words take me by surprise and I'm unable to reply.