Chapter 6

---------------------
Airi's POV
---------------------

Its unusual. Ryu's behavior that is. He seems almost too alert. His attitude in the forest is nothing compared to how he is acting right now.

I wonder whether it is something to do with those pickpockets he was talking about.

I hadn't really thought about it, I don't think anyone is stupid enough to try to steal from a Knight, and even if they did, I'm sure I'd be able to capture them.

For him, though. I don't actually see that many valuables on him. Sure he has a few daggers, and some healing ointment, but that's all in his backpack, not somewhere that can be taken easily.

So why? Why is he so alert?

"Ryu, you don't need to be so tense. We're in a village after all, this isn't the forest." (Airi)

"Y-yeah, I suppose so..." (Ryu)

Despite that, he still continues to be on guard. I wonder whether its a habit that has been drilled into him. He is from an outlaw group after all.

Well, not that it matters now, we made it to the Inn.

Gold Crow Inn, huh.

Sounds fancy. Let's hope its not too expensive.

Stepping inside, with Ryu close behind, I instantly feel comforted by the warmth and the smell of wood.

"Welcome! What can I do for you?" (Inn Keeper)

"I'd like 2 rooms for 1 please." (Airi)

"Yup yup, just go up the stairs and right at the bottom of the hallway. Oh, also, it'll be 4 silvers, with meals!" (Inn Keeper)

Placing 5 silvers on the desk, I start heading towards the rooms.

"Hey Knight, I'm feeling kind of hungry so I'm going to eat." (Ryu)

"Yeah, sure." (Airi)

Turning my back, I continue heading towards my room.

Walking down the hall, I run the day back through my head.

His attitude definitely changed when we entered the village.

I wonder why?

Opening the door to the room I just bought, I begin to take off my armour.

The floor creaks under me as I go further into my room.

I suppose he was right, it isn't that bad of an Inn. It's not very dirty, it's quite clean in fact. It's also surprisingly spacious for a single silver room.

Dropping down onto the bed, I feel the exhaustion hit me like a bull. My legs begin to throb and my stomach begins to growl.

Food. I should probably get some. Yeah, I should... Probably go... Join... Ryu... Eating...

Despite thinking that, I fall into a deep sleep.

---------------------

Hearing a creak outside my door, I get up quietly and grab my sword, awake in an instant.

A few seconds pass before I hear another creak to the room to my right, Ryu's room.

What time is it? How long did I sleep for?

Putting down my sword and walking to the edge of my room, I pull on the curtains slightly, only to see the tip of the sun-rise outside.

Something's wrong. I fell asleep at sun-down. Ryu wouldn't have spent nearly 6 hours eating. I also don't think he'd have gone outside, considering the way he was acting when we first arrived.