Chapter 54

—————–———————————————
Ryu's POV
—————–———————————————

"Yes, Your Majesty." (Captain)

Doing as ordered, we lift our heads, allowing me to take my first look at the King.

He was a well-built, sturdy man wearing what looked to be a red suit, embroidered with gold along its edges, with pins and decorations made of the finest metals.

His blonde hair seemed to emit the same glow which the Palace had done when I was looking at it from outside.

His blue eyes seemed to pierce into me as I catch his gaze, and it sent shivers down my spine.

Even if he was the King, I don't think I'd be able to win in a fight against him.

Maybe it was treason to even think of fighting the King, but my instincts screamed at me to not get on his bad side.

The way he sat on the throne was that of a dignified manner, as if he'd been sitting the same way his entire life.

Until the King spoke again, silence echoed through the room, with only us and the King present.

"Hm? Captain Doujima, who is this child who kneels alongside you?" (King)

"That would be Ryu, Your Majesty. We picked him up after Airi's expedition." (Captain)

"So that means you now have 6 members." (King)

"That is correct, Your Majesty." (Captain)

"Then... I shall grant your squad the honour of being named." (King)

"I humbly accept." (Captain)

The King holds his chin in his right hand while thinking.

"Hmmm... Laplace Knights. That seems fitting." (King)

"Thank you very much, Your Majesty." (Captain)

"Now then, what happened in Alzibria?" (King)

Answering his question, Captain recounts the events of our time in Alzibria, missing mostly nothing.

"I see... So the No-Names are back." (King)

"I think it's safe to assume so from what the member named Kagei said." (Captain)

"So, this 'Kagei', could you not kill him?" (King)

"I... Believe it would be difficult to, Your Majesty." (Captain)

"Why would that be?" (King)

"He is a fast caster of wind, and maybe another element." (Captain)

"Hmmm. I see. So, how did you come to know his name? Unless you missed something in your recount, I don't remember him saying his name." (King)

"... We were told by an informant." (Captain)

"An informant. Hmm. An informant. Who would this 'informant' be?" (King)