Chapter 32

—————–———————————————
Airi's POV
—————–———————————————

"... Knight?" (Ryu)

Hearing someone address me, I lift my head towards the voice, only to see Ryu chained to a wall.

"As I thought..." (Airi)

"Oi! Shut your your damn mouth!" (Thug)

A stab of pain runs down my neck as the thug pulls on the chain attacked to the collar I'm wearing.

Well, this wasn't exactly how I thought this would go, but I suppose it works.

The thug drags me along for several more metres before opening a cell and throwing me in with little regard.

"I don't want to hear a damn peep out of you." (Thug)

His crude speech has little effect on me as I instead focus my sight further down the hall towards Ryu.

I see his head hanging from his shoulders, obviously deep in thought.

After waiting several minutes to make sure the thug was gone, I call out to Ryu in a whisper.

"Ryu. Hey, Ryu." (Airi)

"What?" (Ryu)

"So you are alive." (Airi)

"Of course I'm alive." (Ryu)

"Yeah yeah, anyway, we need to get out." (Airi)

"Big surprise." (Ryu)

Ignoring his sarcasm, I take a look at my shackles.

Simple rope, covering both hands. It's bound quite tightly too. I've also got rope around my calves, just loose enough to allow me to walk with difficulty.

To begin with, I focus my attention on my legs, trying to shuffle them so that the rope falls down to my ankles.

It takes several attempts, but my efforts bear fruit as the rope drops to my feet, now loose enough to remove them.

With my legs free, I can now focus my attention of my hands.

I take a look around my cell, only now realising how big it is.

When walking down the hallway, I had thought we passed several cells before reaching mine, but in fact, we had only gone past Ryu's and entered mine.

I spend several minutes searching my cell, looking for anything that could assist with getting the rope off my hands.

However, despite all the searching, I come up with nothing, slumping against the cold, stone wall.

"You need something?" (Ryu)

"Something sharp, honestly, but there's nothing here." (Airi)

"... Hold on then." (Ryu)

Hearing Ryu's command, I stand up and look into his cell,only to see him lifting himself up from the ground, despite his arms being chained behind his back.

He pulls his legs from under his body, both of them joined together by metal cuffs at the ankles of his feet.

Managing to stand up, Ryu takes a moment before trying to reach something on the floor with his foot.

In a few tries, he pulls it closer towards him, and I manage to get a good look at it.

"What... Is this?" (Airi)

"Dunno, but it looks sharp enough to cut through that rope." (Ryu)

Ryu nods towards me, signifying the rope around my wrists.