Chapter 9

---------------------
Astrid's POV
---------------------

"Airi's calling for you, Astrid." (Etsu)

"Oh oh?! She's back?!" (Astrid)

"Quite suddenly too, she burst through the door with a kid on her back." (Etsu)

"What?! She's had a kid?!" (Astrid)

"Where do you even-? She hasn't been gone for long enough to have a kid, you dunce." (Etsu)

"Hey hey, Etsusu, that's mean!" (Astrid)

I complained while hopping to the main barrack's room.

Bursting through the large wooden door, I release my voice out to Airi.

"Hey hey, Airiri! I heard you had a kid!" (Astrid)

...

"You idiot, this isn't the main barracks." (Etsu)

Paying no attention to the rude remark behind me, I continue through the large, open room.

The training room. It's filled with practice dummies for soldiers to train their swordsmanship on. There're also targets on the wall to the far right for archers and mages to practice their aim.

Having been around all of this for a few years, I didn't even bat an eye, instead heading straight towards a normal wooden door that led to the main barracks.

"Hey hey, Airiri!" (Astrid)

"Astrid! I need you to heal him! Now!" (Airi)

I stand there confused for a moment before recalling that Etsusu had said that she had a kid on her back.

"Ehhh? You sound pretty agitated, Airiri? If it's just a kid, it can't be such a huge wound right?" (Astrid)

"It wouldn't be if he had medical attention right away! He's been asleep for 4 days! We've come from Siqema Village!" (Airi)

"How did you get here from Siqema in 4 days?" (Etsu)

"I'll tell you later! Astrid, please just heal him!" (Airi)

Having fallen to her knees, Airi begs me with tears welling up in her eyes.

"Fine fine. Lay him down" (Astrid)

Airi does as I say, laying the boy down in front of me.

He's pretty damaged. There must be hundreds of cuts all over his body. It's honestly a surprise he hadn't died of shock or blood loss yet.

Not only the cuts, but his entire body is red from what looks like whip burns.

He shouldn't be alive.

Its incredible that he is.

"Etsu, change of plans. Get me bandages and alcohol." (Astrid)

"Ok, anything else?" (Etsu)

"Some mana potions and healing ointment too, highest quality." (Astrid)