Chapter 46

—————–———————————————
Astrid's POV
—————–———————————————

Standing in the open section of the cliff, I hold my hands in the air as Ryu holds his sword in front of him.

"So... What are you doing here?" (Astrid)

"... Returning for a visit." (Ryu)

"A visit, is it?" (Astrid)

"Mm." (Ryu)

"So, if it was a visit, what are you holding onto there?" (Astrid)

As I speak, I lower a hand and point to his left hand, which clutched the charm I had seen.

"... Something I forgot." (Ryu)

"Something you forgot, huh. You're not going to tell me what it is?" (Astrid)

"Why should I?" (Ryu)

"Isn't this the common scene in novels? One character finds another's secret, so they confess, or something like that? That's how it was in the ones I read." (Astrid)

"... What would be the point in telling you?" (Ryu)

"Hmmm. Let's say, I'll let you off for skipping the watch." (Astrid)

"No thanks. Didn't you also skip?" (Ryu)

"Ah. Now that you mention it..." (Astrid)

"Wait, nevermind that. You really aren't going to say anything?" (Astrid)

"Nope." (Ryu)

"You sure? Nothing about, what was it, 'Akari'?" (Astrid)

In response to the name, Ryu finches.

"... You heard me?" (Ryu)

"Barely. Enough to make out the name at the very least." (Astrid)

My words seem to make Ryu hesitate, as if he was contemplating something.

"... You aren't going to let me go?" (Ryu)

"Why should I? I mean, I've already set a magic circle up under you." (Astrid)

In response to my words, the ground beneath him seems to glow a dull purple before several translucent chains come from the ground, binding him.

Ryu gives up resistance instantly, knowing he doesn't have the skill to cut the chains.

"So? Going to say anything now?" (Astrid)

"If I don't?" (Ryu)

"Hmm, you'll probably be locked up for disobeying orders and risking the lives of 54 soldiers." (Astrid)

"Haah." (Ryu)

He lets out a small sigh, showing he has lost his motivation to fight.

"Bare minimum." (Ryu)

"Good enough." (Astrid)

"... I have a younger sister." (Ryu)

"Mhm... Eh? Wait wait wait. You? You have a younger sister?" (Astrid)

He nods his head.

"The leaders of the No-Names had two kids? How did they...? Why didn't we know?" (Astrid)

"They announced my birth, but they easily could've hidden it." (Ryu)

"That's what they did with the other? What the hell! Do we have to find another No-Name?" (Astrid)