Chapter 21

---------------------
Airi's POV
---------------------

He's playing with him.

Since he dropped from the roof, he was playing with Ryu. He never even thought about getting serious.

We could only watch as Ryu was pushed further and further back, completely overwhelmed by the man called Lynx.

We're knights, yet we can't even help one of our comrades fight a single bandit.

All they think of us are play things. They have no intention of fighting us properly. They merely want amusement.

Our eyes are locked on the fight, before Lynx disappears and reappears behind Ryu, planting a knee into his back, sending him to the ground instantly.

He stands over Ryu for a few seconds before turning to us.

His eyes become that of a predator as he starts walking towards us, sending shivers down my spine as I ready my sword.

"Now then, who'll fight me next? I sure hope it'll be a knight, that brat there told me he wasn't one, leaving me severely dissapointed." (Lynx)

"Ooh, how about I choose one for you?" (Panther)

"Yes yes! That's a good idea!" (Lynx)

Panther doesn't utter another word as he raises his hand, finger out stretched, pointing towards the Captain.

"Now that looks like a good choice, I'm getting excited!" (Lynx)

Unsheathing his knives again, Lynx puts on a devilish smile as he awaits the Captain's first attack.

Heaving a heavy sigh, the Captain pulls his broadsword from his back.

Seeing this, Lynx clicks his tongue,
"Nevermind, this'll be a boring fight, I doubt he'd even be able to keep up with me with that sword." (Lynx)

Unprovoked by his words, Captain stands still, wielding his sword.

"Tch, better get this done with then." (Lynx)

Lynx jumps back into the town centre, waiting for the Captain to accept his fight.

A few seconds of silence pass before the clanging of the Captain's armour could be heard as he heads towards him.

"I'm gonna ask a question before I'm unable to, who are you people?" (Captain)

"Huh? Are you stupid? We told you our names, Lynx and Panther, remember?" (Panther)

"... Fine then, I'll rephrase. Who are you affiliated with?" (Captain)

"Hmm, I suppose it would be The Cardinal, but in actuality, it would be--" (Lynx)

"Lynx!" (Panther)

"Whoops." (Lynx)

So they are being controlled by someone. I didn't think an outlaw group who'd been gone for nearly two decades would just suddenly appear again and take over a town.