Chapter 17

---------------------
Ryu's POV
---------------------

"A pseudo member?" (Ryu)

"That's what I said. You'll act like you're a part of our squad, and we'll keep constant watch over you." (Captain)

"Doesn't sound like a good deal to me." (Ryu)

"Well, it's the only one you're going to get, so tough luck." (Captain)

And with those words, the Captain and the rest of the squad left the room, leaving me alone.

A pseudo-member. A fake member of the group. All to just keep watch over me.

This is annoying. All I want right now is to go back to the forest. My life was calmer there.

But it doesn't seem like they'll listen to me if I say I want to go back. Right now, I have no other option than to just go along with them.

A squad... Its been a while since I've fought alongside someone.

---------------------
Airi's POV
---------------------

"Hey, Captain? Are you sure about this? Is this something we can decide on our own?" (Airi)

"Usually, no, but, as our mission, we were told to find the son of the No-Name Outlaws and, if possible, protect him from the life of a criminal. I believe that this is the way to do that, so I don't think the nobles can refute me." (Captain)

I don't reply to him, I simply nod my head and walk on in silence.

Ryu is definitely not happy about this, I could tell by the venom that was laced in his words.

He was forced into something he didn't want to do, with people he doesn't like or trust. No wonder he felt so negatively about it.

Well, all I cam do now is trust in the Captain and his decisions.

---------------------

"Put more of a kick into your attack! Don't leave them room to recover!" (Captain)

"Shut up!" (Ryu)

Shouting at the Captain, Ryu swings his sword from his waist, attempting to slice the Captain's chest, but is stopped by the impact of another sword.

"You're too easy to read! Go faster or be more secretive!" (Captain)

"I said, Shut up!" (Ryu)

Ryu's swings start getting faster, his sword almost a blur as he tries to get a hit on the Captain, his attempts only appearing futile.

His breathing ragged, Ryu steps back from the Captain, exhausted.

"Come on now, is that all you've got? I thought an outlaw would do better than this." (Captain)

Without uttering a word, Ryu grits his teeth and dashes towards him again, releasing a flurry of attacks which are all blocked by the Captain's sword.

"Yes, yes! More power!" (Captain)

Watching from the side, I can see Ryu becoming more and more irritated by the Captain's constant bickering.