Chapter 88

—————–———————————————
Captain's POV
—————–———————————————

After I'd left Airi and Astrid in the hallway, I made my way to the Palace once again.

The doors to the King's study were already slightly ajar, so I simply pushed them open and entered.

At his desk was His Majesty, and standing before him was a well-dressed man, no older than 40.

By his side was an ordained sword that glistened in the glow of the sun, but I couldn't see its usefulness.

He held a stack of paper in his arms, all different types of paperwork the King had already gone through or is about to go through.

This man was Duke Palingten, or better known as his Palace title: the Minister.

He was basically the King's supervisor or secretary.

As I pushed open the doors, they both turned their attention to me.

"Ah, Doujima. What is it?" (King)

"I'm here to say that we'll be heading off the Greif first thing tomorrow." (Captain)

"Oh? What about the recent events?" (King)

"The Vusin Squad would be better suited for that." (Captain)

"That's true..." (King)

Our squad was not the only of the King's Squads, there are 5 of us.

The Laplace Squad, the Vusin Squad, the Karma Squad, the Cupio Squad and the Flioren Squad.

Our squad is mainly for adventuring and other affairs that the King needs done in other areas of the Kingdom, like the bandits occupying Alzibria.

The Vusin Squad is for detective work. They deal with crimes and finding out the suspects.

The Karma Squad often work together with the Vusin Squad as they do legality work, with finding the correct passages to arrest someone, as well as dealing out the punishments on criminals.

The Cupio Squad is for work that the King needs done... Silently. They aren't often seen by the other squads, but we know they exist.

And the Flioren Squad is often used for bodyguarding. Unless circumstances say otherwise, they are the ones that protect the members of the Royal Family, whether that be watching from afar or by being shoulder to shoulder.

"Ahem, Your Majesty, you still need to work on these documents." (Duke Palingten)

"Yes yes, I know. I'm about to now, so you can leave. And while you do, call the Vusin Squad Captain." (King)

"... Haah, very well." (Duke Palingten)

With a sigh, the Duke turns and leaves the room, giving me a glare as he walks past.

"... So, you are heading off to Greif?" (King)

"Yes, we are." (Captain)

"Remind me why again." (King)

"Based on the letter that Ryu had intended to send, his sister - the daughter of the No-Names - is currently living there under the care of someone called Frien." (Captain)