Chapter 41

—————–———————————————
Airi's POV
—————–———————————————

Our time on the wall was cut short by Astrid and Etsu opening the door I came from.

Astrid stood for a second before opening her mouth.

"Hoh? Do I see some roses bloomi--" (Astrid)

She was cut off by a smack on the head by Etsu.

"The mayor wants to meet us, come on." (Etsu)

"Ah, right." (Airi)

I stand up quickly and walk towards Etsu, only stopping halfway to look at Ryu, who hadn't moved.

"That includes you, too." (Etsu)

Ryu sighs before climbing to his feet, his legs shaking slightly.

I don't point it out and instead turn back towards Etsu, walking through the doorway.

—————–———————————————

"Now, before we enter, the mayor is usually a calm person, but he will snap if we annoy him too much, so don't do that." (Captain)

Captain looks at Ryu for a few moments before turning to the large, wooden door before us and pushing it open.

As we walk through, we enter a surprisingly humble office, for a Count, that is.

Several bookcases surround the room, all filled with several types of different books. They all seemed to be ordered at first glance, but as you look closer, each one had obscure titles, like "How to craft a large spear using Nymphs", and the like.

Large piles of paper are stacked up around the desk that sits at the back of the room.

The far wall seems to have its own type of glamour as two large windows cover it, showing us a view of the entire Noble district.

The door suddenly closing behind us surprised me, and I quickly turned around, only to see a large wyvine head above the door.

"That's... A unique taste." (Airi)

"Hoh! So you understand?" (Mayor)

Accidentally blurting out my thoughts, the Mayor quickly jumps on the conversation.

"The beauty of the wyvines! The only beings that resemble the legendary figures of the wyverns! My, it is such a shame that they hold the physique of a lizardman, but no matter! They hold only the blood of the wyvern in them! For that, they are special, and my favorites!" (Mayor)

He quickly entered a spiel about the wyvines, only to be brought back to the situation by a quick cough from his attendant.

"R-right. Now, let's get to the matter at hand. I am Count Wistburn, the Mayor of Alzibria. Thank you for heeding my request." (Mayor Wistburn)

"The pleasure is mine. My name is Doujima, the Captain of this squad." (Captain)

"Doujima, is it?" (Mayor Wistburn)