Chapter 12

—————–———————————————
Ryu's POV
—————–———————————————

Light.

I haven't seen it for what seems like years.

But I don't want to see it.

Not while I have this... Hate washed over me.

Its like a blanket. Covering me, and keeping me warm.

But it's fake. It's a fake warmth. It's a warmth built from the negativity that I feel.

I don't want this warmth.

But it holds me anyway.

It holds me and drags me towards the light.

I don't want to go to it.

Not right now.

So I try my hardest. I try my absolute best to break free from this grasp. I release screams after screams, but they never seem to come out. Yet, I still do it.

I still scream as I become enveloped by the light. This time, it spreads throughout my surroundings.

A bright white room. Barred windows opposite the bed I'm on. It's a room of purity.

The size of the room is something special as well. Nearly 40 beds are spread throughout the room, with space for a table and chairs in between.

Its an infirmary. That's what I deduced.

I deduced this within moments of opening my eyes.

But I didn't have a second longer before being enveloped again. But it was stronger now.

Just like my scream from before, the hate spread throughout the room, reaching every crevice, every crack.

Its an awful feeling, like something was being sucked from me. Whether it be my mana or my emotions, I don't want anything taken from me, but it was happening anyway.

And a searing pain seemed to coincide with the darkness that had spread throughout the room.

It seemed to throb from my left eye in coordination with the negativity.

I want this to stop. Please. This pain. This feeling. I want it to stop.

And a voice seemed to call out for me. It beckoned me to answer.

So I did.

And I was only pulled back to reality by a gaze from within the room.

The Knight.

Why?

Why does she have the same gaze as everyone else?

Fear.

Shock.

Why do I see those feelings in your eyes?

But she seems to overcome them as she takes one step towards me, then another, and another.

"Sto- don- come close-" (Ryu)

I don't want those gazes near me.

Don't look at me like that. Please.

"I'm going to help you Ryu, just keep trying to pull it in." (Airi)

What do you think I've been doing?

I've been trying to get rid of this blanket of hatred before I was forced into the light.

And help me? How? How do you understand the hate that warps around me now?