Chapter 47

—————–———————————————
Ryu's POV
—————–———————————————

After all the soldiers had woken up and eaten, we were out of camp surprisingly quickly.

Considering the number of soldiers we had, I'd expected for us to be moving only a few hours after they had all woken up, but we had actually started moving only half an hour after.

Even more surprising was the fact that all of their fatigue from yesterday was now entirely replaced with energy, as if the sleep they had was one you'd have in an Inn.

For me, it wasn't the best rest. The events from last night triggered some... Unwanted dreams. But I was glad to find that, after I had woken up, all of my muscle pains had gone.

I'm pretty thankful for that, knowing that the fight to come would be extremely hard, based on past experiences.

But for now, the first challenge we need to face is having all of the soldiers be able to enter and stay together in the forest.

The thickets that surround the forest are abnormally thick compared to further in, and it can get to the point of you being unable to move.

Luckily for us, however, Healer was using some form of a wind magic spell to shear off a path for us to walk through, even if it meant for us to be in a single line.

"Ryu, where did you fight the Fenrir last time?" (Captain)

"Around the South-East side." (Ryu)

"South-East... Where are we now?" (Captain)

"North side." (Ryu)

"I see..." (Captain)

He stands in front of me, hand on his chin, thinking.

"How long will it take to get there?" (Captain)

"... Half an hour... no, an hour." (Ryu)

"Right. Kana, is it possible for you to follow any tracks? Magic or physical?" (Captain)

"If we find some, most likely." (Kana)

"It can use ice magic." (Ryu)

"I'll look for some of that then." (Kana)

With that, Archer jumps up onto one of the tree branches and dashes off looking for tracks.

"Woah, she was fast..." (Soldier)

"I guess that's an elf for you..." (Soldier)

"Did you see those legs thoug--" (Soldier)

One of the soldiers gets cut of by a short jab by another in response to his remark.

Considering the monster we're about to fight, I'm finding the light atmosphere surprisingly off-putting.

"We're fighting an S-rank monster, you know." (Airi)

"We know. What's the point in staying tense though?" (Soldier)