Chapter 52

---------------------
Ryu's POV
---------------------

Once the processions were finished for the dead, many of the bodies were taken by the families, probably to be buried soon.

For our squad, once Count Wistburn had heard of our arrival, he prepared a carriage to pick us up and took us to his manor.

It was a comfortable ride, something I hadn't considered I would be able to ride in, and we arrived at the manor faster than I expected.

Exiting the carriage, we were presented with a large mansion, surrounded by luscious, green grass, and beautiful flowers that bloomed perfectly, as if to show the care that was put into them.

Just in front of us stood a gate, which surrounded the entire manor, though the gate before us did not stand on a brick wall like the rest of the fence did.

Stepping down from the front seat of the carriage, the servant who was sent to get us opened the gate with etiquette that even an untrained eye could tell was good.

As we walk through the gate, he speeds up so that he could be in front of us, as if he was to guide our way to the door of the Manor, despite it being a straight path.

Archer seemed enamoured by the flowers and bushes which were growing around us in the courtyard.

Shortly after, we reached the front door and were welcomed by, who I assume to be, the head butler, considering his calm and precise movements.

With ease, the butler greeted and led us in from outside, guiding us towards the Mayor's office.

The manor's interior was much more impressive than the outside, with chandeliers hanging from the roof of every room, and what seemed like marble flooring in the lobby.

The stairway had golden edges, and the railings were coated in a faint silver, reflecting the light from everything else in the mansion.

Several doors lined the hallway, each leading to a different room, of which I can only assume would be bedrooms for guests.

At the end of the hallway were a pair of double doors with engravings that made them stand out compared to the others, not even mentioning the fact that these were twice the size.

The butler pushed them open, requiring a fair bit of effort, and we were shown a large, office like room.

It was eerily similar to the mayor's office which the Count was working in before, aside from the fact that he had many more wyvine heads on display in the current room.

Piles of paper were stacked all around the room, all presumably related to Alzibria and other towns or villages nearby.

Bookcases surround the room, covering the entire wall, alongside a few paintings just above them.

A chandelier also hangs from the roof in this room, though it seems more sophisticated than the others.

His desk had books scattered on it, as well as random pieces of paper strewn about.

Behind the desk sat the Count, his head in his hands.

"Count Wistburn, the knights are here to see you." (Butler)