Chapter 60

—————–———————————————
Ryu's POV
—————–———————————————

With time slowed, I look at the assassins in front of me.

All 3 of them seemed to be holding a dagger, each with a unique and jagged curve that seemed very awkward to use.

Despite this, they each held one with confidence in a backwards grip.

From the way they walked, they seemed ready to dash forwards at any moment.

I couldn't see much else, since the black cloak they wore covered most of their body, including their faces.

The one in my left dashes first, moving quite fast, despite my perception of time being slowed.

They bring the dagger up to my neck and try to slash, but I bring my fist up first and hit his wrist, sending the dagger flying out of his hands and I could hear it clatter on the floor a few metres away.

However, the assassin doesn't waste time and swings his leg around for a kick, and I barely block it by bringing my left leg up.

The impact sends waves of pain up my leg, and I think I could feel my shin crack slightly, but I ignore it.

After blocking the kick, I go for the assassin's face with a punch, and I hit directly in the center.

It seems to disorientate them and I take the chance to send a kick into their stomach, knocking them to the ground.

The other two also don't waste time and dash towards me at the same time.

The one that was in the centre brings his dagger to the same level as the first, going for my neck, while the other goes for my stomach.

I jump backwards to avoid the slashes, but they push forwards again with thrusts, aiming for my chest.

With a step to the left, I manage to dodge the two blows and send a kick towards the assassin in the left.

Before it could hit the stomach, however, the assassin catches my foot in his hand and pulls it towards him.

I stumble towards the assassin and feel a slight gash on my hip as the other goes for me.

The one who had grabbed my foot had now put his dagger just ahead of his stomach, directly in line of where I was falling.

I attempt to divert the dagger with my knee, and barely manage to make it avoid the center of my torso.

It plunges into my hip, and pain erupts from it.

I cough up a slight bit of blood, but it doesn't seem like it hit any major organs, so I should be fine.

But now I can't keep my balance, which they take advantage of by kicking me away, hitting the wound.

The pain disorientated me for a few moments, and as it clears, I see a sword reaching over my shoulder, piercing the neck of the assassin that had slashed my side.

I look over my shoulder to see the King wielding the sword he had at his side.

"For a mere bandit's brat, you did well." (King)

He pushes me aside and walks in front of me.

He becomes a blur, and before I can register that he moved, his sword was already out of the assassin that stabbed me and was entering the neck of the third assassin, who I had kicked.

I stand in awe for a moment, before taking my gaze away from the King.

Dashing towards the dagger that was on the floor, I turn my attention towards the Crown Prince.