Late-Night Visitor

Episode 1 The Crimson Tyrant: Chapter 1

=========

Lev opened her eyes--well, her dream-eyes--to find herself back in the strange, empty, let lively town. She looked around, searching for the odd girl. However, the girl was nowhere to be found. Lev cupped her hands around her mouth and shouted.

"Heelllooo--!?" she yelled. "Anyone there?" 

"In here!" a voice called from inside the cafe. Lev stood up from her seat and walked cautiously into the restaurant.  

Inside of the deserted cafe, the black-haired girl crouched in front of the display counter, studying the delicious-looking tarts and cakes through the thick glass.

"I heard you got in to Night Raven College," the girl commented, not taking her eyes of the warm treats. "Great job, I knew you'd do it!"

"How do you know I got in?" Lev asked, sitting on the ground beside the strange female, folding her legs delicately under her. 

The girl tore her focused gaze away from the pastries to give Lev a mysterious smile. "I have my ways." She hummed and resumed her search for food. "Chocolate or red velvet? So difficult..." 

Lev looked around, searching for any other human being that could assist her. This girl was clearly disinterested. 

"So...are you the only one here?" Lev asked carefully.

"At the moment, yes," the girl responded, her eyes darting between two cupcakes. "However, I do think this place will become quite a bit more interesting in the future."

"And what is 'this place'?" 

The girl sighed. "You ask a lot of questions." Her eyes became unfocused. "Just like..." She didn't finish.

"Like who?" Lev questioned, scooting closer.

The girl didn't look at her, but slowly raised her hand up to her bandage. "No one... Forget I said anything."

Lev pursed her lips. "Alright. Well, why are you here?" This snapped the girl out of her daze. 

"Huh? Oh, I'm just checking the terrain." Her gaze focused on one of the cupcakes. "This one," she decided, punching the glass and shattering it. Lev jumped and backed away, but the girl didn't even flinch. She grabbed the red velvet cupcake and stood up, taking a large bite. She noticed Lev's startled expression. She grinned. "You probably think I'm crazy."

"Among other things, yes," Lev agreed. "Just who are you?"

The odd dark-haired female placed the cupcake on a nearby table and leaned against the hard surface, fixing Lev with an odd stare. 

"Have you regained your memories?" she asked, picking at her treat's wrapper.

"No," Lev answered. "How do I do that?" 

The girl hummed. "Y'know...I'm not sure. Mine just kinda...showed up one day." 

Lev stood up from the ground and tilted her head. "What?" 

The girl waved a hand dismissively. "Never mind. You'll figure it out." She picked up her cupcake and wrinkled her nose. "Y'know, I don't like this." Within the blink of an eye, her hand closed around the cupcake, splattering it's contents all over her and the surrounding objects. The red velvet cake looked like dark blood against the girl's pale skin.