The Boy by the Well

Episode 5: Chapter 4~7

========== 

Several days since the Dorm Head Meeting, Lev hadn't heard anything new about the VDC or any other major activities. She had occasionally asked Riddle about it, but he didn't give away any interesting information. Because of this, she was a little annoyed at the fact that she seemed to be one of the only ones who wasn't informed about anything.

To try and distract herself from that fact, she decided to throw herself into some special extra work. She would do extra jobs for the teachers like cleaning or helping with other students. Because of this, much of her free time would be spent working.

When her lunch break had finally arrived, she walked to the lunchroom and searched for her friends.

To her surprise, Grim, Ace, and Deuce were all standing in front of the builtin board hung on one end of the cafeteria among a large group of students.

Curious, she walked towards them.

"'The audition song will be 'Piece of My World'," Ace read off the poster. "'Deliver your application to Rook Hunt in class 3-A'. Wow, this looks like a lot of fun! Much better then being sidelined as a member of a sports club."

"That kind of money would help my family quite a bit..." Deuce admitted quietly.

"Watcha guys doin'?" Lev asked.

The males jumped. "LEV!"

Grim sighed. "Don't scare me like that, Lev. I won't be able to win 4000 cans of tuna if you shock me to death."

"Win what now?" the prefect asked, brow furrowing. She studied the poster. It was about the VDC. "Ah, finally some info."

Ace arched an eyebrow. "Did you not know anything about this, Prefect?"

"Not really," Lev told him. "We discussed it a bit in a Dorm Leader meeting a while back, but no one's told me anything since. Not knowing anything has been annoying the crap out of me."

"Is that why you've been working so much more lately?"  Deuce asked.

Lev smiled at him. "You all know me so well." She straightened. "So, are you all going to audition?" 

Ace tried to shrug nonchalantly, but he couldn't stop grinning. "Perhaps."

"You're a terrible liar, y'know."

=====Time Skip====

After the group had finished eating, they began walking across the courtyard towards their next class.

"Mmmm," Grim groaned. "Going to class with a fully belly in the afternoon makes me sooooo sleepy."

Ace leaned down and pinched his ear. "You better not go off to Lalaland and let something explode. Again."

Lev couldn't help but giggle, remembering the last time Grim had let something explode in their Potions class. The resulting fumes turned Ace's hair bright purple and it wouldn't go away for a week.

"Aahhh~ Ahhh~!" The group paused as a beautiful singing sound reached their ears.

"Is that singing?" Deuce asked.

Lev turned. "I think so...."

"Aaaahhh~ Ahh~ ACK!" The lovely singing was suddenly cut off by someone coughing. Lev could see the faint outline of a person standing over the well.

Ace paled. "That...went downhill fast."

"Ugh," someone groaned. "This ain't workin'. I can't sing jus' 'cause I'm told...eh?" A purple head suddenly poked around a large bush. It was an insanely pretty boy with large blue eyes and puffy lilac hair. "Who's there?!"