'I See You'

Episode 6: Chapter 23~25

============

Lev and Epel soared through the sky, chasing after the fast-disappearing Rook. How Pomefiore Vice had any idea of where to go, they had no idea. Lev licked her lips, but they instantly dried from the wind that was constantly blowing on her face. 

"I don't know if we can catch up!" Lev shouted over tbe wind towards Epel. 

"We have to try!" the lilac-haired first year yelled back. "I doubt we can find the others without him!" 

Lev nodded. Looking ahead again, she could see Rook had stopped for a moment. That moment was just enough for the duo to close into him. As they neared, the Prefect could see Rook had closed his eyes in concentration before moving forward once again. 

"Rook! Stop!" Epel shouted. "Rook!"

Lev also yelled: "Rook, wait!"

The vice dorm head paused in confusion before turning around. "Epel?! Miss Leviline?!" His pause finally gave them enough time to catch up to him. However, the wind was still very loud and forced them to yell to be heard.

"What are you two doing here?!" Rook questioned, a look of shock on his face.

"We've decided we're going to help!" Lev shouted. 

Epel nodded, the wind pushing his hair around his head like a fluffy mop. "I won't be able to rest until I see with my own eyes that my Dorm Leader and everyone else are safe and sound! No matter what you say, I'm coming with you!"

Rook chuckled. "I admire your resolve, but I'm afraid I just can't allow that. Please return home! This mission is far too dangerous!"

"It's the same with you!" Lev shouted. "We all lost against those S.T.Y.X people, and you'll lose again if you don't have some help! You--aahhh!" She was cut off by her broom suddenly getting knocked around by a gust of wind. She was used to having Grim sit on the tip of the broom to act as a counter-balance. Without him, she had a much harder time steering her broom. 

"Lev!" Epel screamed, although he himself was having trouble staying steady.

"Alright! Alright! You can come!" Rook finally caved. "Let's quickly find a place to land and wait out this windstorm!"

The first-years agreed, and they all decended from the sky to land in a forest on the surface. Once there, Lev realized just how much trouble she and Epel had been in. The wind and slight rain had chilled their clothes to the point of being nearly ice-hard. Epel's skin and lips were nearly blue, and she could only assume hers were the same as well. The adrenaline had kept her from feeling the cold before, but now she had no idea how she had kept away the freezing bitterness cutting into her skin and bones. 

Epel seemed to be the same, as he clutched his arms around himself and curled up onto the ground. He muttered a quiet: "C-cold..." under his breath. 

Rook sighed like a disappointed parent. "Oh my, you both are as blue as a block of snow. Here..." He flicked his pen, and a raging fire appeared before them. He also pulled out a couple bottles of hot tea for the two to drink. 

Lev only took a few sips, already feeling more than warm enough. "Thank you, Rook. I'm sorry to take your provisions."

Rook shook his head. "Don't worry about it, Miss Leviline. I had a feeling I might need a lot more provisions than needed, so I packed quite a bit extra."

Epel looked at his bottle strangely. "You didn't put a spell on this did you? You're not going to put us to sleep and go ahead without us?"

Rook laughed and shook his head. "I'm flattered you think I'm that talented. But no. I didn't. Only Vil can instantly put a curse on something instantly without the help of chanting or some magical tool."