Returning the Carpet

Episode 4: Chapter 22~24

===========

The next day, after getting changed to a lightweight blue sundress with black accents, the group journeyed back to Scarabia. Just as they were approaching the Dorm House, a group of students ran up to them. Lev recognized them as the students that had chased them down the night before. 

"Hey! You're the ones that escaped yesterday!" one student said, pointing at Lev.

Lev tried to plaster an apologetic smile on her face. "Yes. I'm so sorry for what transpired. It was an....emergency." 

The students look confused. "...Emergency...?" 

"Oh, you know," Lev smiled a bit suggestively. "Girl stuff." The students suddenly looked uncomfortable and backed away a bit to whisper to each other.

Azul whistled and whispered, "I don't think we even have to do anything. You're quite the master liar, Leviline." 

Lev shushed him. "We don't want them to know..." 

Just as the students were about to run away, Jamil approached them. "Hey, it's almost time for morning training. If you're late Kalim might--ah! Leviline!"

"Good morning, Jamil!" Azul chirped, stepping in front of Lev. "How are you doing this fine day?"

Jamil quickly regained his composure. "Azul Ashengrotto and the Leech brothers...What exactly are you doing here?"

"Well, it's incredibly difficult for us to return home at this time of year," Jade began.

"So, we decided to stay home and hang out with Shrimpy~!" Floyd finished, putting his arms around Lev's neck and hugging her from behind. She flinched and tried to push him away.

Oi, no touching.

Jamil's brow furrowed. "Come again?" 

"We came to return Kalim's Magic Carpet, you see," Azul explained, gesturing to the carpet currently folded beneath his arm, surprisingly calm. "Could you maybe point us to where he is?"

"If it's a delivery, I'd be happy to give it to him for you," Jamil offered, reaching for the carpet. 

Azul stepped away and held the carpet tighter. "Oh, no. This is a national treasure. I'd much rather give it to him myself, just to make sure nothing happens."

"I can assure you that nothing will happen to it in my care," Jamil assured him, a bit of annoyance leaking into his voice. 

"Don't bother! I can handle it. I assume he's already awake?" Azul guessed, beginning to walk away.

Jamil sighed. "I've already said it, he's in a bad mo---Azul! Don't come in uninvited! Azul!" 

The Octavinelle dorm head ignored him and continued walking briskly towards the Dorm House. Jamil and the others quickly chased after him. Jamil continued to try and talk Azul into just giving him the carpet, but Azul insisted that he needed to return it himself. 

It no time at all, they had reached the lounge. Inside, Kalim was sitting by himself, eating. Luckily, he seemed to be in happy-Kalim mode.

"Hey, Lev. Azul," he greeted pleasantly. 

"Hello, Kalim," Azul said with an big smile. "Scarabia is looking as gorgeous as ever. It's incredibly warm too. Even though the rest of the school is coated in a foot of snow, it still feels like midsummer here."

Kalim laughed. "Yeah! Thanks for the complements! But...what are you doing here?"

"We came to return this," Azul said, holding up the carpet. The magical object seemed to sputter to life and began to float around Kalim.