Blot Crystals

Episode 6: Chapter 1~2

Keeper of the Underworld

============

Lev had no idea where she was. She guessed it was the dream realm, but she couldn't feel or see anything. Her body --no-- her whole existence ached. Her mind hurt and she couldn't remember what she had just been dreaming about.

Slowly, her consciousness began to pull itself together. Soon, she was able to wiggle her fingers and feel the ground beneath her. Wait...

She sat up and stared at the ground, or rather, the cloud she was laying on.

"What the..." she muttered.

"My my, look at him!" a booming voice exclaimed. Lev flinched and looked behind her. 

A tall man with golden skin and white hair stood above her, grinned at the golden-skinned baby in his arm.

A beautiful women with sparkling pink skin and flowing red hair stood beside the man, smiling just as large.

"Indeed, he's just as handsome as his father," she said sweetly, pinching the man's cheek teasingly. The baby giggled along with his father.

Lev felt her heart warm a little. How cute...

The man straightened and turned to Lev. She flinched, thinking he was looking at her, but relaxed when she turned and realized he was talking to a crowd behind her.

"I must thank you all on behalf of my son!" he proclaimed loudly. "Your gifts and wishes will be ever dear to us!" 

The crowd cheered and hollered, all save for one man. He walked to the front of the crowd with a disgusted expression. Lev recognized him immediately. 

"Yeah, yeah, he's very cute," Hades grumbled sarcastically. 

The man seemed to glow with happiness, "Ah! Hades! It's amazing to see you! How are things the Underworld?"

Hades shrugged. "Oh, they're just fine. You know, a little dark, a little gloomy, and as always--hey--full of dead people!" 

"Aw, stop being so gloomy," the golden man teased, pulling Hades into what looked like a spine--crushing hug. "Let's celebrate together!" 

Hades laughed, but from the way he peeled the man's arm off him and grimaced, Lev could tell he wasn't happy.

"You see...I'd love to. But, unlike you all just lounging up here in the clouds, I actually have a very important job that you, Zeus, so kindly bestowed upon me soooo, I gotta go." The Lord of the Dead spun on his heel and began marching away.

"Just be careful, otherwise you'll work yourself to death," Zeus warned. He paused and burst out into laughter. "Work yourself to death! HA!" The whole crowd burst into laughter at Zeus' awful dad-joke. 

"Ha ha," Hades spat dryly. "So funny." 

Lev watched him pass her and shove his way through the mocking crowd. She honestly felt bad for him, getting teased like that.

As she was watching, she felt a tug on her hand. She looked down to see none other than Chirithy. 

"CHIRITHY!" she exclaimed, grabbing the creature and tightly hugging it. "I've missed you!"